CCL stocks back town to Covid low

Ptroxx

30 minutes ago, c-boy said:

.... " but if you ever wanted to pick a risky stock.. there's one with risky written all over it lol.  "

kinda like the airline industry. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah that too. Although.. certain countries won't let their national carrier fall over.. whereas they don't care a hoot for cruise-lines.. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

Yeah that too. Although.. certain countries won't let their national carrier fall over.. whereas they don't care a hoot for cruise-lines.. 🙂 

😉 I see what ya did there.

• Like 1

This is a very moot posting since the stock is up and down, but not by any significant amount if you're looking at the 8.50 to 10.50 range.  Can't see any reason for melodramatic postings.  Quite honestly if you bought at this low price just for FCCs, you can't really lose.  Get your FCC's and then take your short term capital loss when the company goes belly up. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

This is a very moot posting since the stock is up and down, but not by any significant amount if you're looking at the 8.50 to 10.50 range.  Can't see any reason for melodramatic postings.  Quite honestly if you bought at this low price just for FCCs, you can't really lose.  Get your FCC's and then take your short term capital loss when the company goes belly up. 

Melodramatic. That’s cute. Lol.   my original post was a suggestion  nothing more.
And it’s not FCC.  It’s OBC.  But hey what do I know.   
guess your crystal ball is better than mine.  

So what day will they go belly up.  So I can be prepared.     Lol.   
and yes my 850.00 has made me 100.00 in OBC in 3 weeks for my cruise Sunday.   So I am up.  
And I’ll have another few hundred by years end.    

hope you’ve got something booked to try and help save the belly up co.  😂 

26 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

and yes my 850.00 has made me 100.00 in OBC in 3 weeks for my cruise Sunday.   So I am up.  

Well, what you mean is that you are now only down 750. Once you have accrued a total of 850 in obc, you will be even. Any obc after that and you will be "up", assuming of course that the shares are then  not worth less than 850, in which case, you will still be "down".

You also have to think where else you could have invested your 850. If you had bought some dividend earning stock in a company in a less parlous state than CCL,   paying, say, 5% pa, over two years you woukd have earnt $90 or so. That again has to be taken into account when determining if you are up or down.

5 hours ago, Billish said:

Well, what you mean is that you are now only down 750. Once you have accrued a total of 850 in obc, you will be even. Any obc after that and you will be "up", assuming of course that the shares are then  not worth less than 850, in which case, you will still be "down".

You also have to think where else you could have invested your 850. If you had bought some dividend earning stock in a company in a less parlous state than CCL,   paying, say, 5% pa, over two years you woukd have earnt $90 or so. That again has to be taken into account when determining if you are up or down.

Actually. I’m up 50.00 on the stock   And 100 of OBC.   
who knows we’re the stock will be in 2 years ago it was at 13.

seeing your using magical numbers.   
thats 550.00 plus my OBC from trios booked so far.  I’m up way more than your 5%.   So if we had the magic 8 ball. Who really knows what my gains or losses would be.   
kinda like the lottery. You gotta be in it to try and win it.  

• Like 1

Carnival Corporation has an awful lot of assets they could sell off before bankruptcy became an option, unless they wanted to use bankruptcy as a way to stiff creditors and start over. Lord knows all the airline holding companies did that at one time or another.

I didn't buy any cruise stock as an investment, I bought the three I own (CCL, NCL, RCL) for shareholder benefits. When the prices cratered I bought more, this time as a speculative investment. I may buy more again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

This is a very moot posting since the stock is up and down, but not by any significant amount if you're looking at the 8.50 to 10.50 range.  

In 2020, on a lark, I bought CCL at eight-something.

It went to over 30 in 2021

Now, back to $8-9 range.

I had never bothered before with only 1 cruise/year average.

But now that we are retired & a cruise/month booked for the next 6 months with prices low--we bought!

Between Princess & Carnival we will get $500 OBC between this month & Jan.

Also bought NCL so will get $300 there.

Invested $2400. It goes up & down for sure. 

But with OBC I've already made $800 on a $2400 investment--what else can you make a guaranteed 33% on??!! 

Yes, we currently have lost a bit on the original investment but again, our ROI is incredilbe.

• Like 2

Every stock can be risky but with the on board credit that you get for EVERY cruise and if you cruise often and at less than 9.00 a share it’s a good investment. I believe Carnival stock can come back. As soon as the covid crap gets back to normal I see a booming  business 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KKB said:

I had never bothered before with only 1 cruise/year average.

But now that we are retired & a cruise/month booked for the next 6 months with prices low--we bought!

Between Princess & Carnival we will get $500 OBC between this month & Jan.

Also bought NCL so will get $300 there.

Invested $2400. It goes up & down for sure. 

But with OBC I've already made $800 on a $2400 investment--what else can you make a guaranteed 33% on??!! 

Yes, we currently have lost a bit on the original investment but again, our ROI is incredilbe.

You get it . The credit they give from this point forward for EVERY cruise will pay back your investment even if the stock price never goes up a cent . 

• Like 1