Booking connecting cabins with 2 people in one of the rooms

curiouser123

I'm trying to book the Emerald Princess with connecting cabins because we have 5 people in our party. I booked the cabin for 3 people, but then I can't book the cabin next door, it shows it's unavailable. If I put 3 people in the room next door it's available. I just called Princess and the person I spoke with did not know why I couldn't book the room and saw that it was available. I think it's because there's a 3 person minimum in that cabin. Is there any way around this, or does anyone know if any of the cabins that connect will accommodate only 2 people? There is wide availability on the cruise at this point.

Sometimes the booking software limits you from booking two people in a triple room. If you are trying to book a connecting triple to another triple, the software may be looking for 6 people to fill the cabins.

Pretend you have 6 people and see if you can book the connecting cabins you want to see if my theory is correct.

We were able to book connecting triples on the Majestic Princess for Alaska with only 4 people in total so it may be Princess wants to save those connecting triples to fill up later when there's total of 6 people. 

Currently Princess is having a 3rd and 4th passenger free promotion so this could have an impact as they may be locking all triple and quad cabins to be fill by the max allowed during this sales period.

3 hours ago, curiouser123 said:

I'm trying to book the Emerald Princess with connecting cabins because we have 5 people in our party. I booked the cabin for 3 people, but then I can't book the cabin next door, it shows it's unavailable. If I put 3 people in the room next door it's available. I just called Princess and the person I spoke with did not know why I couldn't book the room and saw that it was available. I think it's because there's a 3 person minimum in that cabin. Is there any way around this, or does anyone know if any of the cabins that connect will accommodate only 2 people? There is wide availability on the cruise at this point.

Princess rep or your TA should be able to book it or find one that will work for you.

It really varies what they are showing available. 
Did you try to just book 2 people in the cabin?  
Then if that works book the connecting for the 3.

My DD does that often with her family, 3 in one cabin and 2 in the other connecting.  Her TA calls PCL to do it sometimes.

5 hours ago, curiouser123 said:

Why not book on the phone with Princess, that is what I do and tell them what cabins I want.