Confirm Your Cruises With ACL

I have an upcoming cruise with ACL. In my account, it lists my number of past cruises as six, although I have eight previous cruises with ACL and my upcoming Ohio River cruise is #9. I called them and they did confirm with me that my upcoming cruise was #9. I am getting close to #10 and the complementary cruise, so I wanted to be certain there was no error on their part.

It states in my account that cruises prior to a certain date (I can't remember the year) will no longer be reflected in your past cruises. Also, my 2019 Cumberland River cruise is not reflected in my past cruises as it is no longer offered. Additionally, in my past cruises it reflects that I went on the new San Francisco Bay cruise back in 2018. I'm not even booked on it. It's a mess.

Recommend that you check yours for accuracy.

I also had a similar issue. Website shows I have two completed cruises, but in reality I have three. When I called ACL to inquire, they told me that one of my cruises was part of a group booking and even though their records in house show I have three cruises, for some reason the website only shows two.

2 hours ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

It states in my account that cruises prior to a certain date (I can't remember the year) will no longer be reflected in your past cruises.

Just checked ours for accuracy.  Says cruises prior to 2013 not shown.  List appears to be accurate, except for a Baltimore Christmas cruise being labeled as a "Tennessee River" cruise.

One thing we hadn't anticipated when we became eligible for our 10th free cruise...although we were already booked for a couple more cruises, we couldn't apply our 10th free cruise to one of those...we had to call in and book an entirely new cruise to get credit. 

14 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

One thing we hadn't anticipated when we became eligible for our 10th free cruise...although we were already booked for a couple more cruises, we couldn't apply our 10th free cruise to one of those...we had to call in and book an entirely new cruise to get credit. 

I shouldn't use the phrase "10th free cruise."  It's after the 10th cruise that one becomes eligible.  And it isn't really 10 cruises, it's more like 10 weeks of cruising.  At the risk of TMI, here's how it worked for us:  ACL looked at the length of our past cruises, and credited us according to how long the cruises were.  For example, they credited us with two weeks for our 15-day Mississippi cruise, three weeks for our 22-day cruise, and one week for the others.  We applied our "11th week" to a 2-week cruise, and they knocked half off that cruise.  (They looked at the cabin categories we used for our previous cruises, and came up with a median category; the cost of that category on our "free" cruise is the amount they credited us.)

DaveinCharlotte, thank you for the good information on the complementary cruise. All of my ACL cruises have been one week with the exception of the upcoming Ohio River cruise. I have completed some solo and some with a friend. I’m going to keep in mind what you stated about booking. I’m planning on booking #10 while on board. Are they still offering the onboard booking discount?

20 hours ago, SteelMagnolia9 said:

Are they still offering the onboard booking discount?

That was still in effect when we did our last cruise in March of this year, and I think the web site confirms this (under "Savings" or some such).  We try to do onboard bookings as much as possible -- 15% plus port charges (which makes it come out close to 20% off) is a substantial savings!