Diamond Princess Thermal Suite Questions

rickcherryb

My wife and I are booked on the Diamond Princess in November. We want to book the thermal suite for the 7 day cruise. Under onboard reservations under Lotus Spa Services/relaxation areas there are 2 options:

1) ZThermal Suite Singles 7-Day Cruise Pass $129.00

Relaxation Areas

Our Thermal Suite 7-day pass is a sensory experience where hot and cold fuse to de-stress and revitalize. Indulge in a myriad of aromatic steam and sauna grottos, heated chaise lounges, and shower features that will leave your feeling ‘ahh’-mazing.

2) Thermal Suite 7 Day $149.00

Relaxation Areas

An immersive thermal experience. Go solo or relax with friends and family. Unwind in an oasis of heated chambers, featuring warm and cool temperatures to cleanse and recharge the body. Elements of mist, rain, steam and warmth are designed to promote deep relaxation and renewal of vital energies. Pass valid for the entire duration of cruise.

I called Princess and talked to 2 different customer representatives. Neither one could tell me the difference between these 2 packages or if it included the Japanese Bath area as well.

Would anyone know what the difference i between these two options are besides the price? Hoping someone has sailed on the Diamond Princess or knows the relaxation areas well.

Thanks

Thermal Suite fees do not include the Japanese (Izumi) baths. 

The difference in Thermal Suite price is single vs. couples passes.  I think Izumi was last priced at $15  pp per 90 minute visit.

We're on Diamond 11/8 and 11/13 and will be spending a lot of time in the Thermal Suite

The thermal suites are co-ed. The Izumi baths are unisex. I prefer the Izumi suite and dint discover it until the last days of our cruise. Bathing suits were worn in bothe when I went.

So, just to clarify the two thermal suite packages. If a couple wants to book this, they need to purchase the 2nd option for $149.00? I'm only bringing this up because when you go to either option, both parties are available to purchase the thermal suite. So, which ever option you choose, you need to pick either yourself or the other person booked with you in your cabin. Once you purchase for that person, you then purchase it for the other person in the cabin. This does not make sense if it is for either a single or couple pricing situation. If its is truly one for singles and one package for couples, when it is purchased it should reflect that  both people are getting the package if was for the couples package. Also, the couples package is more expensive than the singles package. Please let me know if I'm missing something here?

• 4 months later...

Rickcherryb- wondering if you ended up utilizing the thermal suite on your cruise, and if so can you give an overview? We'll be on the Diamond at the end of January, and I'm trying to find info regarding this. Like you, not finding much out from Princess.  TIA 

• 6 months later...
On 7/30/2022 at 10:03 AM, rickcherryb said:

So, just to clarify the two thermal suite packages. If a couple wants to book this, they need to purchase the 2nd option for $149.00? I'm only bringing this up because when you go to either option, both parties are available to purchase the thermal suite. So, which ever option you choose, you need to pick either yourself or the other person booked with you in your cabin. Once you purchase for that person, you then purchase it for the other person in the cabin. This does not make sense if it is for either a single or couple pricing situation. If its is truly one for singles and one package for couples, when it is purchased it should reflect that  both people are getting the package if was for the couples package. Also, the couples package is more expensive than the singles package. Please let me know if I'm missing something here?

I would also be interested in an update because I have the same question.  Travelling on Diamond Princess in October 2023.  Thanks!

Just for clarification.  I only looked, didn't use.  The Thermal Suites are in the front of the ship near the Lotus Spa.  I could "see" hot stone beds and saunas.  It looked like you needed to go down some stairs to see/use the pool (not the sanctuary pool).  Attendant would not allow me access without making a purchase.

The Izumi is located aft.  They have smaller rooms for male/female.  They do have a schedule for clothing optional and clothed.  The public Izumi is out in the open and clothed only.  

They are not the same.  

We were on Diamond Princess over the last New Year's holiday. I signed up for Izumi pre-cruise through the spa services area on the website. I think we paid $149 each, and it was totally worth the money. You can sign up for a weekly pass to Izumi on the first day onboard, if it's not clear on the website what you're purchasing.