Observations From The Poop Deck (Seashore)

morpheusofthesea

On 7/30/2022 at 3:57 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Something interesting. There is a FREE covid testing site in the parking lot across the street from Terminal E. Drive up, 20 minutes and e-mailed results accepted by cruise line. I asked the YC porter (who is the same gentleman we have had port our luggage here on several occasions), if it was really FREE as advertised ? Yes, It really is FREE. It is a port of Miami service for incoming guests from around the world.

I saw this in another thread…we are contemplating a side to side cruise with Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady disembarking the same day as embarking on MSC Seashore…my question is can we use this testing site as a “walk up”?   Not sure my Uber driver would want to drive thru with us 😜

1 hour ago, chefchick said:

I saw this in another thread…we are contemplating a side to side cruise with Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady disembarking the same day as embarking on MSC Seashore…my question is can we use this testing site as a “walk up”?   Not sure my Uber driver would want to drive thru with us 😜

Yes. Many world travelers are flying in and taking shuttles from hotels and airports to the Port of Miami. 5 minute walk from Seashore to tents.

P.S. Our Seashore porter mentioned he also ported for Virgin Voyages. Said that Virgin was one of the slowest to disembark/embark passengers at the port.

• Thanks 1

Well there was a 'curfuffle' last night in the Yacht Club Restaurant. It would appear that certain people can and do intimidate their way into the YC restaurant for lobster night and are not charged for the privilege. A group of 19 took up 3 tables, 10 of which are understood to have cabins in the YC the other 9 had cabins on deck 9 ?  Just pointing out that many report this never happens. It in no way affected us and we have not 'heard' if any YC guest was disturbed by this.

33 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Well there was a 'curfuffle' last night in the Yacht Club Restaurant....It in no way affected us and we have not 'heard' if any YC guest was disturbed by this.

Aah, haven't had that word in some time!  By itself, the work has created a kerfuffle on it's own, stemming from the original carfuffle.  Can't even be settled by the fact that only kerfuffle passes the CC spellcheck process!

Curious, though.  Regardless of spelling, the work defines a conflict, and suggests a disturbance or commotion.  That brings me to the question:  If did  not affect you or your DW, and no YC guest appears to have been disturbed, who was negatively impacted?  I assume the dining and overworked kitchen staff would have been disturbed.  I would openly admit that if the "intruders" were occupying my regular table, I would be miffed.

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Well there was a 'curfuffle' last night in the Yacht Club Restaurant. It would appear that certain people can and do intimidate their way into the YC restaurant for lobster night and are not charged for the privilege. A group of 19 took up 3 tables, 10 of which are understood to have cabins in the YC the other 9 had cabins on deck 9 ?  Just pointing out that many report this never happens. It in no way affected us and we have not 'heard' if any YC guest was disturbed by this.

To me this is sad to see, if this was the case why would the YC restaurant manager allow this? 

• Like 4

Do not see how MSC new concept Explora Journeys can improve this YC concept. When there are only 300 YC 'prima donnas' out of 6000 passengers the butlers can perform their 'miracles'. But to have the entire ship of only 750 'prima donnas' there is no one to butt in front of. No class distinction. Feel one must keep to Seaside class of ships to get the 'ROYAL' treatment.

P.S. This Emperor has no clothes.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.

26 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Hypophora, also referred to as anthypophora or antipophora, is a figure of speech in which the speaker poses a question and then answers the question. You got this one right!

Which then brings us to Paphilly's question: Where was YC management during the evening in question?  I won't attempt to answer that.

Another observation witnessed by DW this afternoon. It was too hot to walk outside the ship in Cozumel so DW walked the air conditioned interior on deck 7 when a ship PA alert " Mike Echo Deck 6 starboard side entrance to Madison Theatre" was sounded twice. I only guess Mike Echo stood for Medical Emergency? Anyway, she witnessed a gurney and a nurse approach the elevators  punched in a code for override. In an emergency such as this there is no need for others to have this ability.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

To me this is sad to see, if this was the case why would the YC restaurant manager allow this? 

Wondering if this was extended family on a cruise.
Easy solution, just place dining upgrade fee on those 9 not YC members. OR.. Charge YC passenger a “ guest fee” like NCL does for the Haven.

7 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

It’s an Italian cruise line. Maybe they made the manager an offer he couldn’t refuse?

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 7:31 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

In Saturday's daily planner, under the heading "Today's Offers", is a FREE liquor tasting for only one hour at 7:15 pm in the Duty Free Shop. Buy 2 bottles of Grey Goose Vodka and take 30% off. For those that enjoy the Aurea Spa "Book any 50 minute spa treatment today and receive 80 minutes". There is a Voyager Club discount the first day only, Saturday, of $10 'welcome' discount for every $50 spent in any onboard shops. I guess one is not so 'welcome' at the Venchi chocolate kiosk.

We were told it is only $10 max per person.  The wife was happy getting 20% because of my generosity.  Oh well,, happy life, you know the rest.

4 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

We were told it is only $10 max per person.  The wife was happy getting 20% because of my generosity.  Oh well,, happy life, you know the rest.

Yes. Every shop manager has their own interpretation of these offers. Went into Logo Shop and had to ask for the discount from the sales girl who had rung up the regular price. Bought $100 of chocolate bars. She had to call the shop manager to over ride the transaction. The manager only knocked $10 off the $100 instead of $20. So we only bought half the amount.

P.S. Had the chocolate bars been for DW I would not have gotten away with purchasing half the amount.

p.s.

1 hour ago, travelwide said:

Glad all is going well this week.

We had to turn back to Cozumel having left 5 hours earlier.  Another medical emergency. Got back at 3 am. Think Captain is trying to make up for 'lost time' this morning.

Will ask about replacement. Will certainly find out when we return to Seashore for Labor Day cruise next month.(God willing).

24 minutes ago, travelwide said:

Very interesting. I wonder if their findings will prompt a ship wide testing

You are certainly having an interesting cruise. That's why we love the Top Sail Lounge - away from the crowds. Have 2 for us.🥂

Thought maybe it was just mandatory coming from the Bahamian Gov't due to our next stop Ocean Cay. Last night they had a new jazz saxophone player in the TSL. We gravitate from the Brooklyn Cafe to the TSL after and between shows.

Asked the waitress in the Brooklyn Cafe why the door going out to the smoking area next to the stage is allowed to be used (it makes a banging noise disturbing every performance). It is because the opposite door next to the bar disturbs the bartenders more. So the bar door is roped off limits. The bartenders 'trump' the performers.