ENCORE HAVEN NESPRESSO MACHINE

DPJAF

Can someone provide information regarding the coffee machine in the deluxe owners suite on the Encore? I would like to bring vanilla flavored coffee pods with me but do not know if I need Nespresso Vertuo or Nespresso Original pods.

38 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Rookie question here....can you get hot water for Tea from these?

(Not a coffee drinker)

you can, however, in my experience it takes several cycles to get the residual coffee taste out of the machine... as many as four or five cycles till the water runs (relatively) "clean."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DPJAF said:

Can someone provide information regarding the coffee machine in the deluxe owners suite on the Encore? I would like to bring vanilla flavored coffee pods with me but do not know if I need Nespresso Vertuo or Nespresso Original pods.

Original

1 hour ago, DPJAF said:

They are original capsules.  We bought the same machine for home after a haven cruise.

15 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Rookie question here....can you get hot water for Tea from these?

(Not a coffee drinker)

You can but its not boiling. Two options

If you're neat the lounge get hot water from the machine there as its near boiling

or ask for a kettle

We also ask for fresh milk for our fridge as we like breakfast tea with milk

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, scooter6139 said:

Not sure.  Here is a pic someone has from another thread.  Looking at the pods I would say Original?

image.png.427a351275f777bba393fc335f467b45.png

Those are definitely original Nespresso capsules, not Vertuo. The Vertuo capsules are very round, basically a hemisphere. I have an original Nespresso machine at home, and it uses capsules that look exactly like this.

18 hours ago, UKstages said:

you can, however, in my experience it takes several cycles to get the residual coffee taste out of the machine... as many as four or five cycles till the water runs (relatively) "clean."

We have tea capsules at home for our Nespresso machine, and even for that I would run a few cups without a capsule first.