"FULLY" Vaccinated AND 5 days or less - No Testing Needed

sec1jrs

I've posted this on the COVID #3 thread also but haven't gotten any responses....and even though this thread has sidetracked to a general COVID discussion :-).... I thought I'd ask here.

I just called to confirm the 'no test' requirements for cruises 5 days or less. We travel on August 8th. The Carnival representative was thoroughly confused. First, they told me I had to do a test at home and tell them my results...no proof required. Then they said a booster was required but when I asked if this was required for 5 days or less cruises, she said no, only the original vaccine was needed...but couldn't tell me if a booster is required.

What I've read here so far is that on cruises 5 days or less no testing is required and only a full dose of the vaccine is necessary...no booster.  Is that correct?

We have a 5 day cruise coming up in just 3 weeks.  This will be our 19th cruise, and our first cruise in 3 years. We're jazzed beyond belief.  However, with the new protocols for cruises 5 days or less, I'm wondering how many of us were previously unable to cruise due to failed covid tests.  Are the new relaxed protocols due to anticipating low number of infected persons on board, or are cruise lines just following each other down the rabbit hole?

Regardless, we'll be masked when appropriate.

1 hour ago, vtpeco said:

I've posted this on the COVID #3 thread also but haven't gotten any responses....and even though this thread has sidetracked to a general COVID discussion :-).... I thought I'd ask here.

I just called to confirm the 'no test' requirements for cruises 5 days or less. We travel on August 8th. The Carnival representative was thoroughly confused. First, they told me I had to do a test at home and tell them my results...no proof required. Then they said a booster was required but when I asked if this was required for 5 days or less cruises, she said no, only the original vaccine was needed...but couldn't tell me if a booster is required.

What I've read here so far is that on cruises 5 days or less no testing is required and only a full dose of the vaccine is necessary...no booster.  Is that correct?

correct.  UNLESS-the ports you are cruising too require up-to-date vaccine status/covid test                 ( Bermuda comes to mind).  6 days or longer require a pre-embarkation covid test within 3 days ofr fully vaxed.

1 hour ago, vtpeco said:

Yes. That’s correct, except for ports that require it, which is mainly Bermuda on shorter cruises. John Heald did a video on Facebook this morning about it. Apparently, there’s been a lot of confusion about it, but that’s to be expected some since it’s so new.