Help with my Final Room Account!

divadee007

I think I'm being a bit stupid but I cannot work out our final stateroom account from our recent cruise. What does "referred to corporate finance mean"? Can anyone help?

I have attached a redacted (for names) screenshot of the final account. 

Screenshot_20220731-095117_Drive.jpg

I think "referred to Corporate Finance" means you are due this amount as a credit/refund. Well, that's what I hope as we had a similar amount against the same description following our cruise and I know we were in credit at the end of the cruise. I am about to email Princess as our cruise ended 9 weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, divadee007 said:

Thank you Leck. We were both looking at it, and had calculators and it just didn't make much sense to us lol. Hopefully we get it on the card as a cheque in dollars won't be much use to us in the UK. 

Based on what I have read in the past you will be getting a cheque. The amount I was owed was noted in US dollars but the amount against the referred to corporate finance line was increased, I assume to allow for the exchange rate.

Did you put money on the account then or did you have OBC. 

We had some refundable OBC from military benefit left on our account and they gave us cash back in dollars on the day before we disembarked. We used it to tip the cabin steward and waiters extra.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Did you put money on the account then or did you have OBC. 

We had some refundable OBC from military benefit left on our account and they gave us cash back in dollars on the day before we disembarked. We used it to tip the cabin steward and waiters extra.

No we had no OBC and we hadn't put money on the account. That's why it's so odd. We assume it's to do with the Internet refund.