Trying to Book Complimentary Dining on Zuiderdam

Troubador222

We have a credit through the have it all package. When I was looking to book our dining package, it gives me a choice of The Pinnacle Grill, Canaletto, and Rudi"s. But when I look at the specialty dining on the Holland America website, that is available on the Zuiderdam, Rudi's is not mentioned as being one of the venues. It shows the third venue to be Tamarind. Anyone know what's up and which is correct? And if the third choice is Tamarind, can we book that as part of our package? Thanks!

There is no Tamirand on the Zuiderdam.  Rudis may be featured one night as a pop up in the Pinnacle Grill.  I do not think you can book Rudis as a part of your HIA package.

• Like 4

I was on the Zuiderdam for two weeks in February of this year.  At that time there was no Tamarind restaurant.  I can’t imagine it being added in the past 6 months but perhaps someone who has sailed on her more recently will chime in.

• Like 1

Here are the terms & conditions of the complimentary dinner. If there’s no Tamarind, you can book either Pinnacle or Canaletto. (Not Rudi’s Sel de Mer nor other pop-ups in Pinnacle.) It’s odd that the website does show Zuiderdam as one of the ships having Tamarind if it doesn’t. It’s been a few years since we sailed her and there wasn’t one then.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/have-it-all.html#hiaterms

Edited by Caribbean Chris
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Here are the terms & conditions of the complimentary dinner. If there’s no Tamarind, you can book either Pinnacle or Canaletto. (Not Rudi’s Sel de Mer nor other pop-ups in Pinnacle.) It’s odd that the website does show Zuiderdam as one of the ships having Tamarind if it doesn’t. It’s been a few years since we sailed her and there wasn’t one then.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/deals/have-it-all.html#hiaterms

Yep, that's pretty cut and dry. Frankly I was leaning towards the Pinnacle Grill. When I click the link to book the meal, I get this. 

D0D79265-7237-4F19-9627-32E11151DC40.jpeg

3 hours ago, Troubador222 said:

It comes up automatically when I click on the link to book it. Funny about there being no Tamirand.. If you go to the Zuiderdam profile, that's what is listed on the HAL website as one of the dining venues.

So you might ask yourself does anyone at HAL even know what is on each ship?  I am a 5* Mariner and have no clue what exists on each ship and whether it will change tomorrow or next week.   We just received (on Friday) an e-mail from HAL telling us we should book dining venues on our March 2023 cruise (Westerdam).  Having cruised on that ship (twice) I know there is a Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto!  But will they still exist next March?  Will there be something new?  Will there even be a cruise since that booking is in Japan which is still closed to cruise ships (and cruisers)?

The great mystery, which we call HAL, continues.  Meanwhile, we continue to book other cruise lines and actually complete our cruises (and itineraries) as booked.  As to HAL.....well.....our last 3 bookings have been cancelled by HAL and the next booking only seems to exist in HAL's mind.  Color me confused as we look at alternatives to next March's Westy cruise which we think has a very small chance of happening.  But, as usual, it seems that HAL (and their customers) will be among the last to know that a scheduled cruise cannot happen because the ports will not welcome ships.  I truly hope I am wrong, and all will be as booked, but we are talking about HAL who has recently been cancelling Alaskan cruises only a few weeks in advance.   It sometimes seems that HAL thinks with "hope" rather than reality.

Hank 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

So you might ask yourself does anyone at HAL even know what is on each ship?  I am a 5* Mariner and have no clue what exists on each ship and whether it will change tomorrow or next week.   We just received (on Friday) an e-mail from HAL telling us we should book dining venues on our March 2023 cruise (Westerdam).  Having cruised on that ship (twice) I know there is a Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto!  But will they still exist next March?  Will there be something new?  Will there even be a cruise since that booking is in Japan which is still closed to cruise ships (and cruisers)?

The great mystery, which we call HAL, continues.  Meanwhile, we continue to book other cruise lines and actually complete our cruises (and itineraries) as booked.  As to HAL.....well.....our last 3 bookings have been cancelled by HAL and the next booking only seems to exist in HAL's mind.  Color me confused as we look at alternatives to next March's Westy cruise which we think has a very small chance of happening.  But, as usual, it seems that HAL (and their customers) will be among the last to know that a scheduled cruise cannot happen because the ports will not welcome ships.  I truly hope I am wrong, and all will be as booked, but we are talking about HAL who has recently been cancelling Alaskan cruises only a few weeks in advance.   It sometimes seems that HAL thinks with "hope" rather than reality.

Hank 

As long as the ship goes to Alaska, up the inside passage, I will be content. I didn't book the cruise for anything other than seeing the sites. I picked HAL because we dont want the floating amusement park atmosphere the other lines seem to have. We want quiet and relaxation. My wife and I have visited a lot of National Parks around the US for our vacations. It always involves renting a car and we end up doing a lot of driving. Well, I drive a truck for a living and I drive 100,000 miles plus a year. Being on that ship, sitting on our verandah watching the scenery go by is going to be heaven for me. Not that they would, but if they asked me to steer the ship, I'd have to jump off it. As long as that doesn't happen, I am great!

• Like 5

Normally clicking on the number of Complimentary Dines you have will take you to the reservations for ALL Specialty Restaurants. However, only those listed in your included perks will show the option to use Complimentary Dining when actually booking.

Check you confirmation for what restaurants are included.

When booking, you must select "Use Complimentary Dining" or something similar AND select the names of those using the perk. Only then will the cost show as $0.00.

• Like 1