Lightweight Men's dress clothes source?

zentraveler

Can anyone suggest a source/catalog/store etc. that would be a good source for lightweight men's dress clothes - pants and jackets in particular?  I can pack a few pairs of silk blend pants and tops (with a few things to accompany) and the whole thing weighs almost nothing. My husband's dress clothes weigh so much more that we wonder if anyone has any ideas about how to lighten the load on that.   Thanks all.

In warm weather vacations I swear by linen...everything.....pants, shorts, suits...I dont fuss about the wrinkles & if necessary can be hand washed in the cabin & hung in the bath to dry overnite.  I always travel w a dark sports jacket & mix & match from there...

We use to travel w tons of luggage - those days are gone  - tho I love dressing up(I live in NYC) when on a cruise or land vaca I cut the suit cases down to one carry on & one medium sized checked suit case.  with all the facilities onboard for cleaning & washing clothes i dont need to bring alot.

Also golf shirts / polo shirts are a great option(I dont play golf) for day or casual eveings & travel days.

As far as sources - you can find mens linen clothing at most major retailers such as Nordstrom, Macys....when I want tailored I go to Saks & Bergdorf Goodman.

The linen also feels so much cooler when wearing it.....good luck

3 minutes ago, RICHARD@SEA said:

In warm weather vacations I swear by linen...everything.....pants, shorts, suits...I dont fuss about the wrinkles & if necessary can be hand washed in the cabin & hung in the bath to dry overnite.  I always travel w a dark sports jacket & mix & match from there...

We use to travel w tons of luggage - those days are gone  - tho I love dressing up(I live in NYC) when on a cruise or land vaca I cut the suit cases down to one carry on & one medium sized checked suit case.  with all the facilities onboard for cleaning & washing clothes i dont need to bring alot.

Also golf shirts / polo shirts are a great option(I dont play golf) for day or casual eveings & travel days.

As far as sources - you can find mens linen clothing at most major retailers such as Nordstrom, Macys....when I want tailored I go to Saks & Bergdorf Goodman.

The linen also feels so much cooler when wearing it.....good luck

Thanks Richard@Sea. I too love linen (although for me silk blends weigh a lot less and are dressier)  and we also don't travel with a lot of luggage - a medium checked  bag a carry on also. Husband is a big T-shirt wearer although for some reason doesn't seem to like polo/golf shirts (he doesn't play either) but they are a great solution because they have a collar. Appreciate the advice. 

In these days of iffy baggage handling, I would love to travel with just a carry on.  Of course that would mean using Seabourn's laundering services frequently.  I could do that!  I once packed for an 8 day trip to Oxford in February in a carry on and it worked well.  Of course I had no concern about people seeing me in the same outfits over and over again.  For me, it would be key to nail down the size of the largest carry on allowed by the airline I was traveling on.  And, I know that varies from carrier to carrier.  Does anyone have a link to a definitive site for that kind of information.  I assume it would be necessary to check each airline and the dimensions allowed would change. 

For me, as a woman, I have found that taking a black knit dress, black silk pants, black silk top and various scarves, shawls, and jewelry works very well for evenings.  I think a couple of pairs of pants and four tops could be done--but the real issue becomes shoes.  

Perhaps my Tumi tote bag could become my personal item if I stuffed my handbag into it.  I usually carry my handbag and the Tumi tote, packed with several different changes of clothing--for evening and daytime--as much as I can manage. 

Mr. SLSD does always wears a sports coat on our flights so that does not need to be packed.   I can't quite see him in silk clothing.  Perhaps a pair of dress pants, his chinos (dressy ones), a pair of jeans and several shirts.  A tie of course.  

Any other tips are very welcome.  If this baggage issue doesn't get resolved soon, desperate measures are needed. 

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

My thought is - if it wrinkles, it doesn't get packed. Twillory.com offers a great selection of quality dress shirts and light weight dress pants and suit coats. They travel well and do not wrinkle. The pants have a fair amount of stretch and you'd never know by looking at them that both the pants and suit coats are machine washable. I'm a big fan and my entire evening wardrobe on Seabourn is Twillory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallwoods.com located in Fort Lauderdale.   The khaki pants made in Columbia.  Bought a few pair five years ago.   It's what I wear on the ships now.   With all clothing. ask where it is made before purchasing.   Actually, when buying anything.....take a look where it is made.

Smallwood's customer base is the yachting crew.   Great customer service.  They'll keep your measurements on file.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all for suggestions and appreciate the suggestion about polo shirts, and the Twillory.com and smallwoods.com URL's. All just what I was looking for. Now to figure out the logistics and get packed! Luckily have 2 months 🙂.