Unusual Concierge Service?

Imalismom

20 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

On both videos! If I had more time on my hands than I do, I'd scroll through their Facebook page for all the 400 comments or so. Alas, that much time at work I don't have...ok actually, I started, then realized how far I'd have to go back...no thanks. 

You aren’t missing anything.  It’s the YouTube guy ranting for a couple of hours about not being allowed in the Haven because he didn’t book a Haven Suite.  As such, he was mad at the Concierge (Adrian) for not letting him in.

Personally, if I were NCL, I would have permanently banned him from sailing with them.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, pdmlynek said:

Wow, I had no idea that concierge services existed on board. 😲

At Platinum Latitudes and above there's a Concierge Service to assist with specialty restaurant, entertainment, and shore excursion reservations.  I don't know if that's all they do, but that's what the tier benefits page says.

Guests in the Haven or in Suites on non-Haven ships have a concierge that helps with about anything.  One example: on our last cruise we had purchased transfers through NCL.  When we arrived in Reykjavik they didn't have us on the list.  I showed them my invoice, they had me sign a form, and that was it, we got on the bus.  Once we got on the ship I talked to the concierge about it because I didn't want any issues when departing.  He made sure we were on the transfer list and were getting the proper luggage tags for the early transport upon disembarkation.  Nothing spectacular, but it saved me the time and bother of doing it all myself.  There's enough standing around in lines on embarkation day, I just wanted a mojito and my problem solved.  😄

12 hours ago, graphicguy said:

You aren’t missing anything.  It’s the YouTube guy ranting for a couple of hours about not being allowed in the Haven because he didn’t book a Haven Suite.  As such, he was mad at the Concierge (Adrian) for not letting him in.

Personally, if I were NCL, I would have permanently banned him from sailing with them.  

AGREE, they don't need people like that for sure!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lanceholt said:

AGREE, they don't need people like that for sure!!

There was a poster on these boards a while ago who appeared to think these guys were somehow officially related to NCL. They were posting things and saying that it must be correct because they had said it.

I’d never heard of them, so watched a random video out of interest. It took about two minutes before they incorrectly said that a ship (can’t remember which, but I think the Dawn or Star) was Jewel class.

Having just seen a little bit of the video referred to above, I can only wonder how anyone watches that. I have no idea what their problem was because I just couldn’t watch that idiot for a second longer after a couple of minutes.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Agree completely -- they should have been banned. At one point after their slanderous video, they posted pictures (on their FB page) and congratulated a couple for hanging handmade "Wanted" posters of Adrian all around the ship for "being mean" to them. Absolutely shameful.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Agree completely -- they should have been banned. At one point after their slanderous video, they posted pictures (on their FB page) and congratulated a couple for hanging handmade "Wanted" posters of Adrian all around the ship for "being mean" to them. Absolutely shameful.

I got super curious and using the clues in this thread I was able to find the video.  I don't even know Adrian - but WOW!  I can certainly guess why the comments were turned off.

• Like 1