P&O Northern lights cruise Tromso

Wigwall

Hi

We are first time cruisers, going on the Aurora in Dec. On the itinerary it says we arrive in Tromso ‘early morning’, does anybody know what time this is likely to be ? Just planning some on shore activities there. Thanks 

5 hours ago, Wigwall said:

Hi

We are first time cruisers, going on the Aurora in Dec. On the itinerary it says we arrive in Tromso ‘early morning’, does anybody know what time this is likely to be ? Just planning some on shore activities there. Thanks 

Somebody might come on with a definative answer, but my guess would be 8.00 - 9.00 am.

If you read through the P & O board, you will soon realise that there is a reasonable risk of ports being missed or swapped. I would only plan activities where you don't stand to lose money if the worst should happen.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Somebody might come on with a definative answer, but my guess would be 8.00 - 9.00 am.

If you read through the P & O board, you will soon realise that there is a reasonable risk of ports being missed or swapped. I would only plan activities where you don't stand to lose money if the worst should happen.

Thanks very much for the reply.

thinking of booking a full day excursion, but leaves Tromso at 09:00. 
They do offer money back if cancelled upto 7 days before - so think I’ll book it and cancel nearer the time if I need to . Cheers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wigwall said:

They do offer money back if cancelled upto 7 days before - so think I’ll book it and cancel nearer the time if I need to . Cheers 

Is it a P&O excursion? If so they would adjust times to suit anyway.

1 hour ago, Wigwall said:

Don’t forget that best excursions in Tromso are the ‘night time’ northern light adventures 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wigwall said:

Have you checked the Tromso cruise port site to see what times they are showing?

• Like 2

When we visited on the p&o Aurora march 19 and March 20 (last full before/during covid) cruises we were in around 7 ish.  Definitely before breakfast. However, remember it is a shuttle bus ride to the centre or a long walk. These would need to be running.  Also there was an all day blizzard last time and conditions weren’t great but very exciting!   We did our own thing. Went up the cable car the first time. Easy to catch a bus to the base.  The small harbour is lovely in the snow.