49Pepper

49pepper

12 minutes ago, 49pepper said:

We have a cabin on deck 16 on Prima. This is just below the Food court. Will it be loud?

No regular cruiser has cruised on the Prima, so I doubt you'll get a definitive answer until after mid-August. 

Your guess is as good as everyone else's...if you're concerned you should wait and ask your question later, or move your cabin location to one that is nestled between two passenger decks.

Probably not. We have a cabin on deck 11. Out of 36 prior cruises, only one cruise had noise above us because we were under the running track and all we could hear very early every morning was , thump -thump-thump from the runners above us.

I've been in a cabin that was beneath the spa lounging area on one of the older ships, the Star. Very early every morning I could hear furniture being dragged around as they cleaned the floors. So, I'd say if the tables and chairs are above your cabin, there is the potential for that sort of noise, but no one has sailed on the Prima, so there is no way to know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49pepper said:

We have a cabin on deck 16 on Prima. This is just below the Food court. Will it be loud?

I see you've been a member here on CC for some time, although you haven't posted much.  It's a good idea when starting a new thread to give it a title that states what you are posting about, so that folks with relevant info or advice will be drawn to your thread to help you.  In this case, for example, you might have titled the thread something like: "Any info on noise below the food court on Prima?"  or, even better (since the Prima hasn't sailed yet):  "Should I avoid a cabin below the food court on Prima?"

(Since Prima hasn't sailed yet, I'll answer the second question:  we prefer to book a cabin with cabins above and below us, rather than below a noisy or potentially noisy public space.)

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I see you've been a member here on CC for some time, although you haven't posted much.  It's a good idea when starting a new thread to give it a title that states what you are posting about, so that folks with relevant info or advice will be drawn to your thread to help you.  In this case, for example, you might have titled the thread something like: "Any info on noise below the food court on Prima?"  or, even better (since the Prima hasn't sailed yet):  "Should I avoid a cabin below the food court on Prima?"

(Since Prima hasn't sailed yet, I'll answer the second question:  we prefer to book a cabin with cabins above and below us, rather than below a noisy or potentially noisy public space.)

Enjoy your cruise!

I was going to post the same thing.  I only clicked on the thread because of curiosity about the title.