Regent steps up with Covid

Hello everyone!

In the past several weeks (months?) I’ve been obsessing about everything from specialty restaurant lunches, to upgrades to cruise credits.  Well, yesterday at about 3:30AM prompted by a sore throat and a sneaking suspicion, I took a Covid test and it was positive! Damn. We had needed to travel to Long Island to see my husband’s very ill sister and I’m almost sure I got it there, but the cruise, the theater, the hotel and all the other fun aspects are off.  The purpose of this posting is the following:  we did NOT have trip insurance.  But by providing Regent with a monitored test, and screen shots of both the prescriptions I’m on now and the three other positive tests (overkill, I know) they FCC’d us for the full amount.  My point is this:  document everything and make sure you can provide even more evidence if necessary.  My doctor said he’d certainly send Regent a statement if they needed one. I hope you all have a wonderful cruise and your flights are on time and your bags are all on the carousel!

Kim

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  I tested positive in January, just as we were supposed to fly down for our Regent cruise.  We did have trip insurance, but never had to avail ourselves of it: Regent credited our payment toward a cruise we had already booked in 2024.