Lunch on Muse Class Ships

Observer

On another social media site it was asserted that lunch was not available in Atlantide.  If true, this is very disappointing, particularly for guests with limited mobility who cannot comfortably navigate the buffet in LaTerrazza and who may be averse to eating at the Grill.  I would be grateful for current information on this matter. TIA.

Lunch is usually available in Atlantide, noon - last seating 1.30pm.

Someone may be confused by the fact that it generally isn't open on embarkation day - pax embark from 2pm and La Terrazza and the Pool grill are the places for lunch, until 4pm, on that day.

• Like 1

I had also heard from a someone on an Alaskan cruise on Muse that Kaiseki was not open at lunchtime and instead it was replaced with a sushi section at the buffet. However on Dawn and Moon it has always been open. These little discrepancies are irksome - a sushi section at the buffet is not the same as lunch at Kaiseki!

7 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

These little discrepancies are irksome - a sushi section at the buffet is not the same as lunch at Kaiseki!

You do understand the reason for this one off decision for lunch in Kaiseki, correct?  And, surely, you are cognizant that Covid is still impacting ship crews and wouldn’t want to be served by someone who had possibly been exposed.  As such, I hope you will be able to deal with any irksome little discrepancies from time-to-time.

SS crew members remain under enormous stress and I for one think they do one hell of job making your time aboard as enjoyable as possible. So please, give them a break from matters you may find irksome, but that are truly trivial in nature due to circumstances beyond their control.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

You do understand the reason for this one off decision for lunch in Kaiseki, correct?  And, surely, you are cognizant that Covid is still impacting ship crews and wouldn’t want to be served by someone who had possibly been exposed.  As such, I hope you will be able to deal with any irksome little discrepancies from time-to-time.

SS crew members remain under enormous stress and I for one think they do one hell of job making your time aboard as enjoyable as possible. So please, give them a break from matters you may find irksome, but that are truly trivial in nature due to circumstances beyond their control.

I'm not sure why you're implying I'm being disparaging about SS crew. I'm sure the crew on SS are as kind and hardworking as crew on most other lines.

First of all, it's not a one-off decision. According to Facebook both Atlantide and Kaiseki have been closed at lunchtime over multiple consecutive cruises. If the reason was due to staff being infected with Covid it would affect only 1-2 cruises. Maybe it's a general shortage of staff? Maybe the passenger load on these sailing has been low so they made the decision not to open these venues at lunch? Maybe this is a permanent decision on the Muse going forward? The fact is we don't actually know, but I would be interested to find out.

Will these venue closures at lunch ruin my cruise experience? Absolutely not. Will I starve? Hardly. Do I find it disappointing? Yes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

All I can say is how wonderful the crew and staff were to me and for me on my recent sailing........ALL of them went above and beyond with making sure I was ok.......did I need a wheelchair? Was there anything they could do for me?.........from bringing a large dish of applesauce at the pool (at the time all I could do was really lay out at the pool). One of the guys  went down to the main galley for it...........

to my Butler, who, when I really had no appetite for dinner, brought me breakfast to at least give me a chance to eat something....to Guest Relations, who came through BIG time helping me get my checked bag shipped home via "Luggage Forward" so I wouldn't have to worry about the bags and my leg at the airports involved.

DW, I agree...incredible is how I feel about them too.

• Like 1

Once again I am totally lost as to why people think I am somehow ridiculing or being insensitive to the crew? I have previously only sailed on Crystal - I am perfectly aware of how amazing the crew are and can be and I have the highest level of respect for the work they do and the effort they put into their jobs. They are on the whole truly amazing people. By asking a question about restaurant opening hours and saying I would be disappointed if a restaurants that is promoted as being open for lunch isn’t anymore - why is that a problem? If the gym was closed, some would find that problematic. If the panorama lounge wasn’t open in the evening some people would  find that dsapointing. As far as I’m aware this forum is about being able to ask questions, express opinions and share experiences both good and bad. If we are at the stage of implying that someone is self absorbed and indulgent and who needs to have their every whim catered for then I guess I have misunderstood the function of Cruise Critic. I assure you most of what is discussed here are first world problems and cruising on a luxury line (or any line) is a first word privilege. I totally agree, Daveywavey that many people don’t realise there is a real person at the receiving end of their barbed comments! 

• Like 8