Pricing 2024/25 Itineraries

machotspur

Having reviewed the recently released 2024/25 itineraries we have began to plot our cruises of interest for late 2023 onwards.

There is one particular near identical cruise that is available either on 8th March 2024 and 10th January 2025 ...

11 Days Bridgetown - Bridgetown on Silver Dawn/Moon.

Reviewing the UK (per person) pricing between 2024 & 2025 has come us a major shock !! .......

image.png.38f56a997e6e451adae55431a5767e4a.png 

I'm wondering if anyone else in the UK has noted such a dramatic price increase on other cruises/itineraries ?

And is this just a UK issue as a result of the value of the £££ etc, or have our fellow Silversea cruisers in other countries such as US/Australia noted similar price hikes ?  

If this is an indicator of prices to come then I need to buy a tent for future travel needs  😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, machotspur said:Reviewing the UK (per person) pricing between 2024 & 2025 has come us a major shock!

If this is an indicator of prices to come then I need to buy a tent for future travel needs  😉

Yes, we noted the same thing here in the States for voyages we have been considering.  For example, an replica voyage on Ray in ‘25 vs. Nova in ‘24 is $1,000 more per person in ‘25.  However, the air credit is 73% more generous, which is nice.

And, clearly, SS has decided that demand for the super large suites is inelastic to price.

1 hour ago, machotspur said:

Having reviewed the recently released 2024/25 itineraries we have began to plot our cruises of interest for late 2023 onwards.

There is one particular near identical cruise that is available either on 8th March 2024 and 10th January 2025 ...

11 Days Bridgetown - Bridgetown on Silver Dawn/Moon.

Reviewing the UK (per person) pricing between 2024 & 2025 has come us a major shock !! .......

image.png.38f56a997e6e451adae55431a5767e4a.png 

I'm wondering if anyone else in the UK has noted such a dramatic price increase on other cruises/itineraries ?

And is this just a UK issue as a result of the value of the £££ etc, or have our fellow Silversea cruisers in other countries such as US/Australia noted similar price hikes ?  

What I am seeing is that the cost to upgrade to Bus Air has increased from 33% to 200% on international flights from the USA. from 2022 to 2024. I have not even looked at 2025!!

Of course UK passengers are disadvantaged due to the poor performance of GBP in terms of USD fuel, supply and wage costs. And costs are increasing everywhere anyway.

I would like to think that prices might stabilize once the market demand peaks after all the delayed cruise vouchers are satisfied. But in the meantime Silversea is in the driver’s seat- assuming that they get the passenger yields they want/expect.

If you think Silversea is outta line, look at Seabourn like for like pricing or similar itineraries, if possible. I say this because this Silversea expensive D2D and original PTP pricing options of late is causing some confusion (to say the least)  and Seabourn’s optional transportation fares remain unbundled options. We like both for different aspects of what they offer and will not be tied to either as circumstances eg pricing varies so much.

At least we all have choices. For us it’s the Muse class on SS and Odyssey class SB. We do not care for the other ships of these lines. Good luck with your work.

Happy and healthy sailing!

On 8/5/2022 at 5:23 PM, zqtchas said:

Just got a really good bus air ( I think) DCA to Tokyo - Anchorage to DCA next may/ June. Plus a surprise, good connections.

Got news yesterday that this Tokyo air I paid $4900. for is now listed at $16,000. each.

Edited by zqtchas
  • Like 2