Nicaraqua

kelib

4 hours ago, enfuego4cruising said:

We are booked on a full PC transit for February 1st, on the Emerald Princess. Currently, Nicaragua is still listed on our itinerary. However, in looking at Princess full transits for the months of November and December, Nicaragua is not listed. Might just be a matter of time before we are notified of the same?

You are more likely to get speculation on this on the Princess board here.  We have no knowledge of schedules, changes.  Or of Nicaragua.  EM

• Like 1

23 hours ago, enfuego4cruising said:

We are booked on a full PC transit for February 1st, on the Emerald Princess. Currently, Nicaragua is still listed on our itinerary. However, in looking at Princess full transits for the months of November and December, Nicaragua is not listed. Might just be a . O of time before we are notified of the same?

We're doing B2B on the Emerald 12/18-1/17/23.  It looks like they've removed Nicaragua just thru the end of 2022 for now.  Our travel summary for 12/18 says it was removed "due to temporary government restrictions on cruise ships".. Perhaps Nicaragua is only doing thar thru the end of 2022.  The port stop still shows for our 1/2/23 segment.

On 11/13/2022 at 9:40 AM, enfuego4cruising said:

We are booked on a full PC transit for February 1st, on the Emerald Princess. Currently, Nicaragua is still listed on our itinerary. However, in looking at Princess full transits for the months of November and December, Nicaragua is not listed. Might just be a matter of time before we are notified of the same?

We’re on the same cruise and I agree that we’ll probably have Nicaragua dropped. I cancelled our excursion for San Juan del Sur a couple of days ago and have already been credited.

• 9 months later...
On 8/21/2022 at 5:08 PM, kelib said:

I did not get usual alerts to replies to my question so I am finally seeing this.

I am on the NCL Bliss 1/27/23. The above answer says a lot and I can see why no excursions are listed, especially now that unvaccinated passengers will be on the the ship. I am sure only time will tell if the requirements change and in time for NCL to hire and vet excursion vendors. 

26 minutes ago, Off on a cruise said:

We are sailing on the Emerald Princess Jan 22, 2024.  Princess just canceled our stop at San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Did NCL replace your stop?  

No, but there were other issues.

Nicaragua has been cancelled for awhile by many cruiselines due to their political situation. Hal cancelled on my sister also 2 years ago, 

We're doing the Viking Star full transit on Oct. 24. About 4 weeks ago they cancelled our stop in Leon (Corinto), Nicaragua and didn't replace it. There's been some grumbling on the Viking board that Viking seems to always cancel that port, and that it's sort of misleading to keep putting it in the published itineraries.