Millennium Alaska Question

jeffndallas

Even though we live n Alaska we periodically do Alaska itineraries as an Alaska cruise gives us an opportunity to visit a different part of our very large state.

If our OP is familiar with Celebrity they will find that dress on an Alaska cruise on Celebrity will definitely be more casual in the evenings than on other itineraries, with the exception of one of their Antarctic cruises.  

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Even though we live n Alaska we periodically do Alaska itineraries as an Alaska cruise gives us an opportunity to visit a different part of our very large state.

If our OP is familiar with Celebrity they will find that dress on an Alaska cruise on Celebrity will definitely be more casual in the evenings than on other itineraries, with the exception of one of their Antarctic cruises.  

Thank you. That is what we were thinking. Don't want to over pack or overdress, but as a several time Celebrity cruiser in Caribbean, wasn't sure what to expect in Alaska.

We just got back it was pretty mixed.  For evening chic we saw women in anything from black pants and a top to nice dresses.  We saw a couple men really dressed up but most of them either with or without ties but a sports coat.  It seemed much more relaxed than other cruises we have been on.  

We live in Alaska but not in Anchorage but in Fairbanks (the interior of the state).  

Seward has a Safeway grocery store with a Oaken Keg liquor store.  There is also the Gateway Liquor and Food in addition to a store on 4th Avenue.  

And as a disclaimer, we haven't been to Seward since the start of the pandemic so my information is dated.

Just did millenium last week.

the dress code was totally ignored in the MDR.  There was shorts, ball caps, hiking boots, sweat pants, tshirts and flip flops.
I dressed up for evening chic, just a basic dress and fam y shoes and felt overdressed.  It was a bit disappointing actually. I used packing space for my evening chic wear ask was looking forward to a dress up night, and shouldn’t have bothered. The advice here had been you’ll feel fine dressed up or down.  Nope.  Very few ppl were actually dressed up, let alone normal nights following the so called dress code.  

• Like 1

I just got off Millenium on Friday.  I noticed all attire.  We too, took dress shoes and extra nice fancy stuff for chic night.  I didn't see any sweatpants, but a baseball cap and some tee shirts among the men.  I did notice a lady wearing nicer flip flops, but who knows, maybe her feet were healing from something.  So, if you wish to dress up, do it.  Some ladies on chic night did not wear a fancy top either.