Travel size washing machine

Lvntrvl

I understand there is a weight limit to the baggage allowance of 50lbs per piece, but  I always wondered if it would be possible to bring a full size appliance if I kept it in my room.

The thing is that I have a house in near San Juan in Puerto Rico. Since last year, major appliances such as dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers take a long time to get to PR even if they were possible to order.

However if the ship starts in NYC and goes to San Juan, PR, I've wondered if I could transport the item with me in my cabin and then bring it ashore in San Juan, (if it didn't exceed the weight limit by too much) or if there was an extra cost involved. I know a bribe would be required once and if it reached PR to get it ashore.

I've seen passengers on different cruise lines (not NCL) allowed to bring their own motorcycles. But I imagine it was also very expensive to do.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WYB! said:

I understand there is a weight limit to the baggage allowance of 50lbs per piece, but  I always wondered if it would be possible to bring a full size appliance if I kept it in my room.

The thing is that I have a house in near San Juan in Puerto Rico. Since last year, major appliances such as dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers take a long time to get to PR even if they were possible to order.

However if the ship starts in NYC and goes to San Juan, PR, I've wondered if I could transport the item with me in my cabin and then bring it ashore in San Juan, (if it didn't exceed the weight limit by too much) or if there was an extra cost involved. I know a bribe would be required once and if it reached PR to get it ashore.

I've seen passengers on different cruise lines (not NCL) allowed to bring their own motorcycles. But I imagine it was also very expensive to do.

- WYB

I think you may be in luck!  I hear they are changing the weight limit for carry-on appliances.

• Haha 3

On 8/6/2022 at 9:55 PM, Dave994 said:

It’s too bad cruise lines don’t put washers and dryers on their ships so these sorts of things didn’t happen. Really would be a game changer in my mind. 

Princess has them on the Royal: pretty convenient.

Edited by CWMixer
Name error