Day of Testing Requirement

schittenden

We’re flying to FLL to depart on the Equinox tomorrow. My son (10) is traveling with us. He is fully vaccinated and boosted. Based on the Celebrity website (attached) we did not think he needed a day-of COVID test because he is vaccinated. Similarly, he doesn’t require a pre-cruise PCR test, just an antigen test. 

Today, we received an email (attached) that says all children ages 2-11 require a day-of COVID test and has a link to schedule the test. Does anyone know which is correct? I’m concerned that if he does need a day-of test, maybe he needed a PCR test pre-cruise too, although I haven’t seen anything that says that. 

Everybody gets the email - we get them and are over 70 and are NOT traveling with kids.  Vaccinated kids have same rules as vaccinated adults.  Son just needs the antigen test.

Edited by LeeW
more

39 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Everybody gets the email - we get them and are over 70 and are NOT traveling with kids.  Vaccinated kids have same rules as vaccinated adults.  Son just needs the antigen test.

I knew the email wasn’t specific to us. It just seems like the email is wrong. If only unvaccinated require day of testing, why not say that? I’m not going to make him an appointment and we’ll see what happens when we get there. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, schittenden said:

I knew the email wasn’t specific to us. It just seems like the email is wrong. If only unvaccinated require day of testing, why not say that? I’m not going to make him an appointment and we’ll see what happens when we get there. 

Please let us know if they will test him at the port or if you will be denied boarding. He does require an antigen test within 2 days of boarding. If he has already been tested, I think the email is incorrect

Edited by Gia2cats

1 hour ago, schittenden said:

YIKES not even for the antigen test pre-boarding?

35 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

OP said son was doing normal adult antigen test already and isn't going to make an additional unneeded appointment for testing at the pier.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, LGW59 said:

No. We did the antigen test yesterday for our cruise tomorrow. That was negative. I meant I wasn’t going to schedule him an appointment for day-of testing. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Miaminice said:

These are the requirements for sailings from the US

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Starting August 8th the requirements are changed.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/updated-us-travel-requirements

My point was that this is inconsistent with the email Celebrity sent.