British Isles London to Bergen

MICHE99

11 minutes ago, pmfne said:

I do notice now that my daily view always shows the port times if I have an excursion or dining reservation on that day - otherwise they are not there.  

Exactly what I see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pmfne said:

I do notice now that my daily view always shows the port times if I have an excursion or dining reservation on that day - otherwise they are not there.  

That may be the magic answer. I see that @Twitchly's example has an excursion and dinner booked, hence showing the 4pm departure.

Being too far out for booking either, I have no port times at all. Just a silly bug in the system - I'll find a way to let Viking know (not that the times are necessarily reliable in advance but still a useful guide). Thanks for the responses, all! 🍺🥌

We are on the BIE cruise in April 2023. This is the itinerary I received with my guest receipt. Things may have changed since but this is my most current :

4/2 Start cruise; 4/3 Dover - 8 am-6 pm; 4/4 Sail English Channel; 4/5 - Dublin 8 am-11pm;

4/6 Holyhead, Wales - 8 am-6 pm; 4/7 Liverpool - 7 am-6 pm; 4/8 Belfast, N Ireland -8 am-

6 pm; 4/9 Ulapool, Scotland - 12 pm-6pm; 4/10 Orkney Islands, Scotland- 8 am-5 pm;

4/11 Edinburgh, Scotland- 8 am- 5 pm; 4/12 The Highlands 8 am-5 pm; 4/13 Shetland 

Islands- 8 am-5 pm; 4/14 Bergen, Norway all day 

15 hours ago, JerryInIL said:

When the ship is docked overnight in Bergen or London, can you always get back on the ship if you are on a private evening tour?

Not Bergen or London but in St Petersburg Russia my wife returned very late from a private ballet tour and was welcomed back onto the ship. Should be no problem.
The funny part was that her driver took her to a Viking RIVER ship and she had to explain that she was on the OCEAN ship.

22 hours ago, JerryInIL said:

When the ship is docked overnight in Bergen or London, can you always get back on the ship if you are on a private evening tour?

When docked overnight, in most ports, at least 1 gangway is open 24/7. In the unlikely event the local authorities close the access, it will be noted in the Viking Daily.

In tender ports, the tender schedule during the night will be posted in the Viking Daily. It again depends on the local authorities approving use of the tenders 24/7.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JerryInIL said:

Probably. My only example is from Vietnam at Ho Chi Minh City. We were out late with a few other passengers on a late night private street food tour. Some of us left the City in a taxi at about 10 pm, not actually knowing if we could get back on the ship, but seeing nothing in the Daily that would show we couldn’t. It was about an hour to the port and I brought the Daily with the rudimentary port address on it. Our taxi driver didn’t speak English. We got to the port area and it was vast—plus you couldn’t see the ships docked because of trees and other screening. The taxi driver stopped at several gates to docks over the next 45 minutes. I called the ship and asked if someone could speak to the taxi driver to direct him, but guest services refused to find anybody who spoke Vietnamese. Finally, we found the right gate and walked the several blocks to the ship. There were Vietnamese port/border guards at the ramp but they were having a jolly time ribbing us about rolling in at midnight!