Is there any forward-facing, non-Haven, exterior deck space on the Joy? Good spots for sailaway?

Turtles06

We haven't sailed on the Joy (or her sister BA+ ships), and I'm trying to determine, looking at the deck plans, whether there is any forward-facing exterior deck space that's not restricted to Haven guests and, if there isn't, some good spots for sailaway.

It looks like the forward-facing portion of Deck 19 is restricted to the Haven.  Is that correct?  Is there any outdoor space forward of the Garden Cafe on Deck 16? 

Or is there really no forward-facing exterior deck space on the ship that's not restricted to the Haven?  And if that's the case, where do folks recommend for good sailway views, especially from Manhattan.   (Particularly considering that the starboard side of Deck 19 is restricted to the Vibe.)

Thanks for any info!

When I sailed on the Joy in March I occupied the space on the Port side up one or two levels (on stairs outside) from the main sun deck at the forward end.  It doesn't have forward views (I don't think there are any public non-Haven outdoor spaces that look forward) but it seems not a lot of people know about this space.  I think it was at one of the doors to The Vibe, I think it was expanded to both sides but the deck plans don't show that.  The space is not clearly visible on the deck plans.

Port won't give you a view of the Statue of Liberty, but it will get you some views of Manhattan.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

You mean beyond the huge observation lounge on deck 15 that is open to everyone?

image.thumb.png.462aeffc78aeeb92fea36f306a6632a5.png

I wish we could do a "like" and a "laugh" on some of these...this is funny and spot on!

51 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

You mean beyond the huge observation lounge on deck 15 that is open to everyone?

43 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I wish we could do a "like" and a "laugh" on some of these...this is funny and spot on!

I guess what's funny is that you both seem to have missed the fact that I specifically asked, in both my thread title and post, about exterior deck space (not an interior lounge, which of course is obvious on the deck plans).   But thanks.

• Haha 1