Covid restrictions?

NMTraveller

5 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

If I book a UK only cruise with Fred Olsen will there be any Covid restrictions?  Are there currently any?

Cruise lines do not generally differentiate between destinations, but are the same for all cruises and all cruise lines tend to have similar restrictions.  Some lines will always relax/increase restrictions earlier than others, but all tend to follow to a similar level shortly after.  I am pretty sure anyone testing positive will still be asked to isolate and in the case of a large outbreak on a ship, all cruise lines tend to bring in more restrictions (e.g. mask wearing in certain places).  Some ports will also not accept ships if there is a large covid outbreak.

I do not know the up to date requirements for Fred, though you need to bear in mind they could be changed at any time on any cruise line.  I suggest you ring (or email) Fred's head office as his staff have always responded very quickly and efficiently in my experience.  You will also likely find most of that information on the website, but may not be easy to find.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1