Covid Testing Confused

Caravan 37

Reading the travel requirements from MSC Website in UK everyone......

...must provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test taken within 48 hours before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal

We're staying one night in Stansted and one night Athens so in order to do the test 2 days before embarkation we'll need to do a test in Stansted.  Do both of these tests (RT PCR or Antigen) require observation and if yes can anyone suggest a company at a reasonable price?

Thanks

45 minutes ago, Caravan 37 said:

Reading the travel requirements from MSC Website in UK everyone......

...must provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR or antigen test taken within 48 hours before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal

We're staying one night in Stansted and one night Athens so in order to do the test 2 days before embarkation we'll need to do a test in Stansted.  Do both of these tests (RT PCR or Antigen) require observation and if yes can anyone suggest a company at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Just found a company noted by another poster (Randox) that has a testing site at the Radisson Blu at Stansted Airport

Pre departure Antigen Test (result in 60mins) £35pp

Express RT PCR (result in 1-3 hrs) £80pp

The Antigen seems to meet the MSC requirement and is a lot cheaper than the PCR - results are sent via email and this would be the certificate required?

Has anyone used this company/test and can confirm please?

I'm sailing on MSC Virtuosa on 3rd September from Southampton and I have noticed that via the MSC website, there is a link to Prenetics for purchasing home PCR test kits that can be sent off by post with results given 24 hours from lab receiving the sample.  I used to have my tests done in store in Boots Pharmacy with result within an hour but the price has shot up a lot so I have opted to use the Prenetics service (UK Government approved) as its cheaper than Boots!!  The service would fit in the 48 hours period required. 

Randox has been  perfectly acceptable by MSC UK boarding in the past.using  the cheaper  Lateral flow test.  (Lateral flow test at home -UK)  You take the test and upload a picture using their app Randox Certifly and a certificate is emailed usually with in 30mins if negative. Costs £12 delivered or £11 collected from local stores listed (pre purchased)    ordered on line,   when using Coupon Code Fly15 which is usually automatically added when purchasing on website

https://covid.randox.com/pre-departure/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrs2XBhDjARIsAHVymmQCrjmCucs1DxGYJH9SQo9SMQ_8Ha04svRsP1pu8uU_GbIRTU2l9jsaAmEZEALw_wcB

20 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

Randox has been  perfectly acceptable by MSC UK boarding in the past.using  the cheaper  Lateral flow test.  (Lateral flow test at home -UK)  You take the test and upload a picture using their app Randox Certifly and a certificate is emailed usually with in 30mins if negative. Costs £12 delivered or £11 collected from local stores listed (pre purchased)    ordered on line,   when using Coupon Code Fly15 which is usually automatically added when purchasing on website

https://covid.randox.com/pre-departure/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrs2XBhDjARIsAHVymmQCrjmCucs1DxGYJH9SQo9SMQ_8Ha04svRsP1pu8uU_GbIRTU2l9jsaAmEZEALw_wcB

Do you know if this is OK for 'within 48hrs' sailing fro  Athens?

On 8/9/2022 at 6:47 PM, Raddo said:

I'm sailing on MSC Virtuosa on 3rd September from Southampton and I have noticed that via the MSC website, there is a link to Prenetics for purchasing home PCR test kits that can be sent off by post with results given 24 hours from lab receiving the sample.  I used to have my tests done in store in Boots Pharmacy with result within an hour but the price has shot up a lot so I have opted to use the Prenetics service (UK Government approved) as its cheaper than Boots!!  The service would fit in the 48 hours period required. 

PCR seems a lot more expensive than an antigen test though - trying to find the best option and keeping within the requirements is a bit tricky

On 8/10/2022 at 11:26 AM, UKCruiser2022 said:

Has anybody tried this company? We have been looking at using these but am very confused about the testing requirements and if it needs to be monitored https://ukhealthtesting.com/pre-cruise-covid-testing/

It says on their website that MSC accept their tests, also mentions Southampton port so looks good.
I spoke to MSC and they said you can do the test at home but must get a certificate to present at checkin.
Hope this helps.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:47 PM, Dickuk said:

It says on their website that MSC accept their tests, also mentions Southampton port so looks good.
I spoke to MSC and they said you can do the test at home but must get a certificate to present at checkin.
Hope this helps.

Thanks

Used Chequp registered on there website paid £7.50 for each test.

Did the test using my own LFT test then took photo of test result and passport submitted results and 20 minutes later had the certificate back. Government authorized.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dickuk said:

For info I used UKHealthTesting in the end, the non supervised lft at £8.25 (although 10% off if you buy 4) and it was fine when checking in today at Southampton.

How do you get the certificate? Do you just upload a photo of your negative test and your passport?

2 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

How do you get the certificate? Do you just upload a photo of your negative test and your passport?

You upload a pic of the negative lft and fill in your details on their Web page. They ask for pass no ,date of birth, name, address.

Cert came back within about 20 minutes via email.

• Thanks 1