Two solo cabins - C&A points

Hello! I just got off of a fantastic two weeks aboard Harmony, and I'm itching to book my next cruise. I looked at the pricing for a 5 night cruise during spring break. It's super cheap, and I'm wondering about how the C&A points would be applied if my husband and I each booked our own cabins (so two solos). We sleep in separate bedrooms at home because we have VERY different sleep habits and schedules. For only $600 more, we could have two cabins and both get a good night's sleep. 😆

Would we get 20 C&A points, 10 points, or some other weird Royal combination of points? We are only 9 points away from Diamond, so it really won't matter since we would still be a looooong way from Diamond Plus, but I'm just curious. 

Do you both have the same points count now?  

When CAS places a couple into a relationship the person with the higher points count will determine what appears when either of you log into your account.  If you have 75 points and your spouse has 65 points both will appear to have 75 points but Royal still keeps track of the individual counter behind the scenes.  

As you both sail the points are earned on an individual basis.  You both would earn 10 points for booking your own double occupancy cabin on a 5 night cruise.  In my made up scenario you would then have 85 points while your spouse would have 75 points but their account would display your points counter of 85 since it is higher.  

You do not share a points counter and therefore you would not see it go up by 20 points (10 for you and 10 for them).  

If you both have always sailed together and you both have the same number of points then it's a moot point, you both would earn 10 points and you both would still have the same number of points after this potential cruise.  Each of your individual counters go up by 10. 

If you are looking at studio cabins then you do not get double points.  Studio cabins for solo guests earn one point per night always.  You only get an extra point for being solo in a cabin that normally can hold two or more guests.

Harmony does have studio cabins so be careful booking guarantee cabins as you could be assigned a studio cabin as a solo and therefore you would not earn 10 points but just 5 points each.  

Edited by twangster