B2B cruise - 4 bottles?

CruzinNoony

If they give you crap, just keep 2 bottles in the car under the seat while parked at the parking structure and go get them on your second trip.

I believe you get to keep your luggage onboard but have to disembark to go through the process again.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 1

I had an issue with the security supervisor in Long Beach insisting that we could not bring on six bottles for our B2B2B (he had worked there for 20 years and had never heard of this policy). I had to pull up Carnival's policy on my phone and show it to him. As a result, we were allowed to take it all on with us. I will be printing the policy out for our next B2B.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

We will be on the Panarama for a B2B in Sept.  Will we be able to bring 4 bottles of wine onboard when embarking on the first week?  I'm thinking that maybe they hold them and we get the 2nd two bottles when our second week starts?

Yes, you can bring double your allotment of wine, 2 bottles per passenger, & even 24 cans of soda per passenger & have it delivered to your cabin for the 2nd leg of your voyage.

Carnivals policy states:

Guests sailing with us on back-to-back cruises are entitled to bring the same quantity as stated in this policy, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins.

20220811-171627.jpg

Full Details Below Link:

Carnival Embarkation Beverage & Liquor Policy Located @:

https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=2633

🍷🍷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Like snowballs mom, I printed out Carnival's B2B wine policy.  Also, I showed both of my boarding passes (and both of DH's) while showing our 4 bottles of wine.  We were approved and allowed to take all four bottles to our cabin on Day 1 of Leg 1.  I even asked if they needed to take two of the bottles to store for the second leg, as per the policy.  I was told to go ahead and keep them all.

This was on Elation out of Port Canaveral, January 2020.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2022 at 9:49 PM, snowballs mom said:

I had an issue with the security supervisor in Long Beach insisting that we could not bring on six bottles for our B2B2B (he had worked there for 20 years and had never heard of this policy). I had to pull up Carnival's policy on my phone and show it to him. As a result, we were allowed to take it all on with us. I will be printing the policy out for our next B2B.

Same thing in Baltimore.  Found policy on phone and screener checked with carnival staff 

We have always just shown the security people all of our boarding passes. They have allowed us to take all our bottles to our room on Day 1 of Leg 1. I'm willing to let them hold them, but I think it's a bigger hassle for them if they take them. But every time it could be different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, runnersuzy said:

Same thing in Baltimore.  Found policy on phone and screener checked with carnival staff 

We will be doing a B2B from Baltimore in January 2023 & a B2B2B from Port Canaveral the following year. Wennfred suggested keeping the extras in your car. We are flying in. I'll just print out the policy as many have done.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leen50 said:

We will be doing a B2B from Baltimore in January 2023 & a B2B2B from Port Canaveral the following year. Wennfred suggested keeping the extras in your car. We are flying in. I'll just print out the policy as many have done.

Also, even if you have a car at the port, some ports in warm climates can get hot, and the cars parked in them even hotter. And some (most?) wines don't do well in heat.  Some (most?) wines will be utterly undrinkable after a week spent in a locked car in East Coast U.S. Summer.

• Like 2

Just off Valor B2B. Brought 4 bottles in my backpack in New Orleans and nobody said a word, didn't bat an eye. Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante was only $10.48 at NOLA Walmart. Drank 1 the first cruise and scored 2 more on a resupply run in between cruises. One bottle is actually 2 full wine glasses, which we took to dinner every night of the second cruise. The free bottle of champagne they gave us as a token B2B gift didn't go down so well as a last night nightcap, after enjoying the Asti every night.