Barcelona

Hi DG don’t think any Marella ships now go into the dock adjacent to Los Ramblers because of the bridge, the old Spirit & Celebration did in the past but I think now you have to catch a bus/taxi into town, but its only about 15 minutes, but it may be different now 🤔 

On a previous cruise on the Dream we were docked adjacent to Las Ramblas but that was a number of years ago(4/5 years ?)Always thought if a cruise line was willing to pay top dollar they got the best berthing points

Other times in Barcelona with Marella we,ve not been berthed adjacent to Las Ramblas but shuttle buses were available at a cost to take us there

Edited by Jim The Scot

In Nov 2018 the Discovery docked adjacent to the Ramblas. It was a repositioning cruise we were on, which finished in Jordan. First year Discovery went to far east I believe.

If you fancy Barcelona, there is another repositioning cruise from Corfu to Tenerife, calling at Barcelona at the end of October (26th), which is good value

Edited by howmuch!

Apologies, after looking at Google maps, I'm now wondering if my memory of where we docked in Barcelona 2018 is correct. Perhaps someone else from that cruise could confirm whether a bus was required.

However, Barcelona is a fabulous place to dock as so much to see and do, its a pity they don't do overnights there.

The port buses work on a continous untimed loop ,you are never on the wrong bus as each one calls at all the terminals at the new port ,last year the drop off/pick up point was in front of the old terminal , cant remember fare but something like 3 euro return

Just to put a bit of perspective to the Map. 

We have been lucky enough over the years to be able to dock near the trade centre and a short walk to Las Ramblas. But our last 2 cruises we were on the other side of the bridge and a 2-minute bus journey to Mr Columbus. 

Screenshot 2022-08-14 084538.jpg