Cancel rebook question, I'm a Princess newbie

njkate

So I booked a 12 day British Isles for next July and looking around at cruises an Alaskan one for 10 days really caught my eye. I had just done an Alaskan cruise this past July on NCL Bliss BUT port times were extremely short and I felt rushed didn't get to see half of what I wanted.The Princess cruise allows a decent amount of hours in port.

So question is if I decide to go for Alaska as there is soooo much more I want to see, if I call will they just shift the cruise and deposit or do I need to cancel and rebook?

Cruise is on Crown princess, the Brit Isles is Regal

Since you are booking a new itinerary and ship, you will need a new booking.  This would be at prevailing rates with current promos.  You will most likely lose any  perks or promos you have, if not currently offered.  Your deposit should be transferred, but doesn’t always happen.  We are also booked on Regal for 2023 British Isles, but would not want to switch to Alaska, especially on Crown.  But, that’s just me.  Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

I think that changing this should be pretty seamless, since you are well before Final Payment Date.  

Yes, of course it will require a completely new booking.  I am sure Princess will shift all funds over to your new booking.  It should be seamless and painless for you.

As mentioned, your old booking may have come with perks.  Any new booking will be with the current Fares and Promos shown for that new booking right now.

47 minutes ago, njkate said:

So I booked a 12 day British Isles for next July and looking around at cruises an Alaskan one for 10 days really caught my eye. I had just done an Alaskan cruise this past July on NCL Bliss BUT port times were extremely short and I felt rushed didn't get to see half of what I wanted.The Princess cruise allows a decent amount of hours in port.

So question is if I decide to go for Alaska as there is soooo much more I want to see, if I call will they just shift the cruise and deposit or do I need to cancel and rebook?

Cruise is on Crown princess, the Brit Isles is Regal

My recommendation for you is to do some research on the Crown.  See what the current limits are and if you are willing to accept those limits.  Years ago we did a trans Atlantic on a Princess ship that was limited to 17 knots due to propulsion problems.  Passengers bailed off the ship when that news came out.  So, we had our choice of cabins and was given a good rate.  We were aware up front that port calls were adjusted due to reduced speed.  We had a great time. 

Bob

• Like 1

I prefer the Regal, for sure.  But will just say that If the Crown is sailing, but with speed/propulsion limits, this might not be an issue on an Alaskan cruise, as the time to bet between port stops is pretty short.

To the original poster...  Yes, do spend some time researching deck plans and reviews and photos of the different ships.

• Like 1

Okay, this will only confuse you and overwhelm you even more.  Sorry!!!

I wanted to say also, that you might not have gotten Glacier Bay, and many Princess Cruises do have this on their itinerary.  If you are not sure, I would highly recommend looking at sailings that will spend a day  cruising Glacier Bay.  

If so you might want to consider Northbound/Southbound one way itineraries that will take you farther North, toward Anchorage, Hubbard Glacier, College Fjord.

I think the Majestic is doing that itinerary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njkate said:

Thanks all! After discussing with my son we will stick with Brit Isles on Regal. 
Alaska again at a different time

I really think you’ve made a wise decision.  Regal is a lovely ship and Crown……well let’s just say there are issues.  We cannot wait to board Regal in Southampton.  Could you possibly come back and let us know how it went?  We don’t sail until September and I would love to know what to expect.  Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

I really think you’ve made a wise decision.  Regal is a lovely ship and Crown……well let’s just say there are issues.  We cannot wait to board Regal in Southampton.  Could you possibly come back and let us know how it went?  We don’t sail until September and I would love to know what to expect.  Thank you!

To each his/her own - thank goodness for options.  We much prefer the Grand and Crown class ships to the Royal Class ships, so would definitely select Crown over Royal or Regal.  Also, Crown is going in for a fairly lengthy drydock in October, so hopefully her propulsion issues will be fixed - "hopefully"!!!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, geoherb said:

The British Isles was my favorite itinerary. We took the one that had an overnight in Dublin. I hope you're planning on going at least a few days early. There's so much to see in and around London.

I’ve been to London many times but I will fly in two days early and just go straight to Southampton. I’m looking at a day tour to Stonehenge, I’ve also been there but my son and dil have not,

Except for Scotland and Le Harve I’ve been to all the ports. I know it sounds silly but what made me book this itinerary is the stop in Le Harve as I can tour Normandy. Been trying the last few years but each of those cruises were canceled thanks to covid

Edited by njkate

16 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes I will post about the cruise

18 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Okay, this will only confuse you and overwhelm you even more.  Sorry!!!

I wanted to say also, that you might not have gotten Glacier Bay, and many Princess Cruises do have this on their itinerary.  If you are not sure, I would highly recommend looking at sailings that will spend a day  cruising Glacier Bay.  

If so you might want to consider Northbound/Southbound one way itineraries that will take you farther North, toward Anchorage, Hubbard Glacier, College Fjord.

I think the Majestic is doing that itinerary.

My biggest mistake cruising Alaska is I didn’t leave my comfort zone of NCL, looking now the cruises both Princess and HAL offer to Alaska are so much better. On NCL times in port were very short and by time you got off the ship time was shortened even more, think I had like 4 hours in Juneau so much I wanted to see there but was not enough time