Update on Vantage Ocean Odyssey

twototravel

I was able to chat with a Vantage rep earlier today regarding the status of the Ocean Odyssey. All they were able to say was that the ship is still in China and cruises will not occur through September on this ship. Their expectation is that future cruises on this ship will go as scheduled once put into operation.

@DonnaMW What is strange is that there was an article about the ship being launched by the Chinese ship maker in Nov 2021. Maybe the hold up is furnishing the inside or some kind of government hold up. Sunstone's Fifth Infinity-Class Cruise Ship Launched In China (maritimeprofessional.com)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am on Explorer now. Went to bridge tour and talked  to a higher up who was suppose to be in Odyssey apparently a disagreement about the quality of ship and perhaps a need for more $$$.   
they are all saying now middle October 🤞🤞🤞

they are trying to sell Croatia coast middle October. We will see

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 5:28 AM, DonnaMW said:

Thanks for info. I’m keeping watch on my Nov 5 trip hoping not cancelled again

I just paid up for the Nov 5th trip.  I joined the roll call, and found that the ship is not in operation yet. I'm a little bit concerned of the situation. You mentioned that "hoping not cancelled again".  Do you mean the same itinerary was cancelled before?  Did Vantage offer refund or voucher?  The trip will need visa for Jordan and Egypt.  It seems both need several weeks to get.  Have you start the process?  I hope you don't mind sharing your experience with me.  Thank you in advance.

I don’t mind sharing. I am currently ending a trip on the explorer sister ship to Odyssey. Great ship by the way

yes I booked this Odyssey 12-2019.  Almost 3 years ago. Yes Covid was to blame for most postponements. But vantage does not give refunds if trip postponed it’s in the fine print 

I talked to the Captain on bridge about Odyssey. Apparently the ship is not perfect and that is the problem  he sort of didn’t give me an answer.  Problems and money was in his answer 
2 months ago this trip said sold out then now lots of cabins available??

lucky you payed now I paid lots more and they will not upgrade me at all.  On this trip it took me 4 days to get an upgrade that are promised to President Club. I finally had to go to hotel manager  over cruise director and I got it in 2 hrs 

now I just wrote them about the better cabin being cheaper then I paid please just upgrade me but NO. I’m furious I really want to go but my outside insurance has cancel for any reason and I’m getting there ( sorry for my negativity).  And you will get credit not refund this has been going on for years 

Visa Question. Well I went with them to Egypt last Oct. we got Visa at airport. Jordan no idea. Sorry

read between the lines from me. Still after 3 years I am still hoping it goes 

Thank you for your candid and prompt response.  I went with Explorer early this year.  There were some glitches.  We were upset then, but we felt it was a good trip after all and decide to go with Vantage again.  I should come to roll call before I made the payment.  Well, we have to wait and see.  Hope to meet you at a future cruise.  Thank you again.

• 1 month later...

I received this update in an email yesterday from Vantage's VP of Sales & Concierge.

"Thank you for reaching out to us. The ship has been delayed due to Covid based work stoppages in China. Last week we were informed the Odyssey will be turned over to Vantage and will set sail from the shipyard on October 19th. 

Update: They moved us to the Nov. Dubai cruise and tried to get us to give them more money. They know it is not sailing. It is still in China and cannot make it to Dubai on time. It is interesting how the boat is now the MS Ocean Odyssey with no reviews on this site. They are -once again-still selling upgrades and tickets for a cruise that does not exist. They took my senior mother’s 26k including $3200 for a bogus insurance policy for a cruise that did not exist and they knew it. We just booked this a few weeks ago. This was not a credit or a rollover. We only found this out by blind luck when we called the airline to change our seat and they did not know what we were talking about. The knowingly stole her money and will not give it back. They are still saying the Nov 25th Dubai will sail but  you can check berths in the ports and they are not reserved so they will have nowhere to dock. No airline tickets have been issued and the boat is 6627 NM away from Dubai and no way it will make it. Total scam- we have two policies- Allianz and Vantage. The Vantage policy is another scam. They lie when you call them . Despicable.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:34 AM, twototravel said:

Well, the ship is still moored in China. I'll give it a week and then contact Vantage again. 

Well they lied to you when they told you it was already sailing earlier this year and they lied to you again last week on Oct 12…..see my post Oct. 6 they already told me on Oct. 6 that the Nov 5 was cancelled. Liars. I think they are collecting money from everyone they can to pay for the ship and postponing people, hoping we won’t notice their Ponzi scheme.

Edited by LAFUNCruiser
Correction

My husband and I booked back to back cruises on the Ocean Odyssey a year ago: March 3, 2023 Singapore to Mumbai and March 22, 2023 Mumbai to Dubai. We paid the deposit and insurance but Vantage did not buy the insurance then.  I knew this because I am familiar with Alliance through travel with OAT. They finally did after many calls and emails. We are expected to pay the trips in full by November 1 and November 21, respectively, but of course we can't do that as Vantage has shown themselves to be totally untrustworthy and dishonest.  As someone has pointed out they are currently selling trips on this ship that cannot possibly happen.  They are currently showing our trips in 2014 as totally sold out which we know is impossible. This has to be criminal activity. We are out $6612.

• Like 1