Ocean Navigator Laundry

sissy2000

I almost booked a 16 day trip from Boston to Nassau on the Navigator but the lack of laundry - either self service or send-out, stopped me from booking.  Could not possibly go that long without laundry.  But check with the line, it may have changed or I may have been misinformed.

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

I almost booked a 16 day trip from Boston to Nassau on the Navigator but the lack of laundry - either self service or send-out, stopped me from booking.  Could not possibly go that long without laundry.  But check with the line, it may have changed or I may have been misinformed.

I just now FINALLY heard back from AQ.  They said there is paid laundry service but would not give me an idea of pricing.  Would still love to hear from someone who has seen the pricing.

My husband and I cruised on Ocean Navigator this spring and used the laundry service.  Men’s undershirts and shorts were about $1 to $2 each if I remember correctly.  Polo shirts about $3 and Bermuda shorts around $3.50.  Pajamas were $3.50 to $4.  These are approximations.  Service was quick and the clothes were hung on hangers.  I  consider laundry service charges just a very small part of cruising expenses.  By the way, we were on a two week Great Lakes cruise, concentrating on Lake Superior.  We had a wonderful cruise and highly recommend American Queen Voyages.

Edited by Tn gal

Interesting.  I was just on the American Queen riverboat, and they had complimentary self service laundries on board, including the soap pods...

I am taking the Ocean Voyager 11 day voyage in 2024, so would hope they offer similar...

Bob Brown, if the Ocean Voyager is like the Ocean Navigator and I think it is, then you won’t find a self serve laundry.  These boats are not paddle wheelers but a totally different design.  The send out laundry service worked well for us on a 16 day Great Lakes cruise.  Garments are priced individually.  See my comment above.

Edited by Tn gal
Added comment.

2 hours ago, Tn gal said:

Bob Brown, if the Ocean Voyager is like the Ocean Navigator and I think it is, then you won’t find a self serve laundry.  These boats are not paddle wheelers but a totally different design.  The send out laundry service worked well for us on a 16 day Great Lakes cruise.  Garments are priced individually.  See my comment above.

Thanks for that info.  In that case, hopefully our SSOA Saphire loyalty level will give us complimentary laundry service.🙂

Edited by bob brown

On 8/16/2022 at 12:28 PM, Tn gal said:

My husband and I cruised on Ocean Navigator this spring and used the laundry service.  Men’s undershirts and shorts were about $1 to $2 each if I remember correctly.  Polo shirts about $3 and Bermuda shorts around $3.50.  Pajamas were $3.50 to $4.  These are approximations.  Service was quick and the clothes were hung on hangers.  I  consider laundry service charges just a very small part of cruising expenses.  By the way, we were on a two week Great Lakes cruise, concentrating on Lake Superior.  We had a wonderful cruise and highly recommend American Queen Voyages.

Thank you so much!  That helps a great deal with our packing.  We are doing the 2 week Great Lakes cruise this fall and are really looking forward to it.  We  have sailed the river boats with American Queen and have really enjoyed them.

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 8:39 AM, surmy555 said:

Just got off the 9 day Ocean Voyager Great Lakes cruise and was surprised to receive a complimentary bag of laundry washed and pressed. Room attendant said that started a month ago

We received the same thing on our Ocean Navigator cruise!!! I was delighted!