Riviera Boarding advice just received

welshfamily

Oceania have emailed us today strongly recommended everyone in the party travels with a smart phone or tablet.

We all have both , however, not everyone does. This seems a bit strange. Has anyone else had this email.

Also we have been sent the Safety video to watch 3 times now. Again this seems strange. We have had 3 copies of the vaccination requirements and other general emails BUT do not know where the ship is docking Terminal A,B,C or D in Barcelona is still showing. We are in Barcelona and our concierge has been trying to find out all day
Let’s hope the taxi driver knows how to find a large Oceania ship.

• Like 1

I agree with the Smart Phone e mail.  Which was just one of about 6-7 that I have dealt with today.  Yet as you inferred, the "real" things that you need to know have not been communicated?  Same with us as we are dealing with two b2b cruises which have different testing criteria....and I am STILL not sure whether or not self testing before boarding will help us out at all IF we should fall victim to Covid.....

I wonder if Oceania will be sending Smart phones to their pax ?

Not everyone wants or travels  with a smart phone  if it had not been needed for our apt  building access  we would not  have one

• Like 1

Thank you  ORV,

The  poor man swears it was not there yesterday, 

We have new friends as he rushed to tell them he knew where the ship would be. 

To be fair I looked before we left home and it had not been allocated.

Barcelona is a beautiful city, 4 days just isn’t enough time to do everything we wanted to do simply because we have had long lunches , too many coffee breaks and excellent evening meals. 
practising for our cruise

• Like 5

8 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Thank you  ORV,

The  poor man swears it was not there yesterday, 

We have new friends as he rushed to tell them he knew where the ship would be. 

To be fair I looked before we left home and it had not been allocated.

Barcelona is a beautiful city, 4 days just isn’t enough time to do everything we wanted to do simply because we have had long lunches , too many coffee breaks and excellent evening meals. 
practising for our cruise

We've really enjoyed the times we've been to Barcelona, someday I wouldn't mind spending 2 or 3 days there. Hopefully you're onboard and getting settled in now. Or maybe at Martinis getting ready for dinner. 

21 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Also we have been sent the Safety video to watch 3 times now. Again this seems strange. .

We received several requests to watch the safety video before our May cruise, which we did.  We were then required to watch it once again in our cabin upon arrival.    

5 hours ago, ORV said:

We've really enjoyed the times we've been to Barcelona, someday I wouldn't mind spending 2 or 3 days there. Hopefully you're onboard and getting settled in now. Or maybe at Martinis getting ready for dinner. 

We have cruised three times with departures being in Barcelona.....and from the first time on, my husband has been bugging me to buy a place and retire there!  He loved it!  I "liked it" a lot?  Just not sure I like it enough to buy an apartment there......

But we spent two days before each cruise doing lots of sight seeing, etc......and agreed - 6 days is nothing!  Next time I want to go further down the coast for a couple of days...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 9:49 PM, LHT28 said:

I wonder if Oceania will be sending Smart phones to their pax ?

Not everyone wants or travels  with a smart phone  if it had not been needed for our apt  building access  we would not  have one

Have to agree here. When I board the plane in NY on my way to Miami, the phone gets shut off and does not come back on until we disembark. I will not be forced into using and carrying electronics on my vacation. I take vacation to unplug and relax.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:40 AM, LNielsen said:

We received several requests to watch the safety video before our May cruise, which we did.  We were then required to watch it once again in our cabin upon arrival.    

Having had the same experience, and having watched the video three times before leaving home because we thought maybe something had changed ... well ... the good news is that we won't be fooled again.  We'll wait to watch in our cabin on the next cruise, and that will be that.     

• Like 1

We did much the same, many viewings or at least the TV was on.  It makes for great “white noise” once in our stateroom and unpacking our bags.  You just gotta do what you gotta do. 🤪

Bottom line, have a fabulous cruise.

Mauibabes