Pearl Harbor, Arizona and Missouri

gerig

I will arriving on 11/13/22 and checked  the cruise excursion is sold out.  I checked a lot of other tour companies but the times the tours start at 6:30, 7 and 7:30 am which is a problem since the ship is set to arrive in honolulu at 7 am.  

My plan is to try to go this on my own but need more information.  I know the site recreation.gov has tickets to pearl harbor but do they also sell tickets for the Missouri. The tickets are not available for 11/13/22 yet and I was wondering when they release them -30 days, 60 days?  

Any other suggestions for visiting these 2 historical sites would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, gerig said:

My plan is to try to go this on my own but need more information.

Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial, and USS Missouri are better done on your own anyway-- organized tours are not needed and frankly detract from the experience. You can easily Uber/Lyft from the pier to Pearl Harbor and back. 

13 minutes ago, gerig said:

I know the site recreation.gov has tickets to pearl harbor but do they also sell tickets for the Missouri.

You'll need to get Arizona tickets through that website and then purchase tickets to USS Missouri through their own website (https://ussmissouri.org)-- they are completely separately run. The Missouri does offer what they call a "Passport to Pearl Harbor" bundle ticket but this does not include a timed ticket to the USS Arizona Memorial (just the museum). 

17 minutes ago, gerig said:

he tickets are not available for 11/13/22 yet and I was wondering when they release them -30 days, 60 days?  

Tickets are available online 2 months to the day in advance. A limited number of walk up tickets are available each day as well but not something to rely on. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial, and USS Missouri are better done on your own anyway-- organized tours are not needed and frankly detract from the experience. You can easily Uber/Lyft from the pier to Pearl Harbor and back. 

You'll need to get Arizona tickets through that website and then purchase tickets to USS Missouri through their own website (https://ussmissouri.org)-- they are completely separately run. The Missouri does offer what they call a "Passport to Pearl Harbor" bundle ticket but this does not include a timed ticket to the USS Arizona Memorial (just the museum). 

Tickets are available online 2 months to the day in advance. A limited number of walk up tickets are available each day as well but not something to rely on. 

Thank you for all the valuable information.  Just one additional question are the Arizona tickets hard to get meaning do they sell out within the first hour?

42 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Tickets go on sale  2 months in advance, which means in your case, it is 9-12-2022 at 6PM, which is 12AM 9-13-2022, if I have my time zones right.

1 hour ago, gerig said:

Thank you for all the valuable information.  Just one additional question are the Arizona tickets hard to get meaning do they sell out within the first hour?

No, not usually the first hour but they can and do sell out. Especially for a day with a cruise ship in port I would make sure to wake up and get on the website so you will have your choice of time slot vs being left with whats left (which could be later in the afternoon beyond when you can stay with your ship's departure). 

3 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

No, not usually the first hour but they can and do sell out. Especially for a day with a cruise ship in port I would make sure to wake up and get on the website so you will have your choice of time slot vs being left with whats left (which could be later in the afternoon beyond when you can stay with your ship's departure). 

I will be flying home from my Alaska cruise so it will give me something to do in the airport

On 8/17/2022 at 1:05 PM, 93yearsyoung said:

Tickets go on sale  2 months in advance, which means in your case, it is 9-12-2022 at 6PM, which is 12AM 9-13-2022, if I have my time zones right.

Hmmmm, I recently bought tickets for a Pearl Harbor tour from an independent operator for October 2, 2023 during our hotel stay post-cruise because I had heard that tickets sell out quickly and wanted to be sure to get some. I like things planned way in advance. Did I goof this time?

10 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Hmmmm, I recently bought tickets for a Pearl Harbor tour from an independent operator for October 2, 2023 during our hotel stay post-cruise because I had heard that tickets sell out quickly and wanted to be sure to get some. I like things planned way in advance. Did I goof this time?

There is a difference between the Pearl Harbor museums/exhibits/Missouri vs the actual Arizona Memorial. The Memorial is run jointly by the Navy and National Park Service and those are the timed tickets that are made available 2 months in advance. 

It's possible that the tour you have scheduled does not include the Arizona Memorial or it might-- private tour operators are allotted timed tickets separately from the public. You should check with them. 

Overall its much more enjoyable to do Pearl Harbor without using an organized tour and very easy to do on your own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

There is a difference between the Pearl Harbor museums/exhibits/Missouri vs the actual Arizona Memorial. The Memorial is run jointly by the Navy and National Park Service and those are the timed tickets that are made available 2 months in advance. 

It's possible that the tour you have scheduled does not include the Arizona Memorial or it might-- private tour operators are allotted timed tickets separately from the public. You should check with them. 

Our receipt says the tour includes tickets to USS Arizona Memorial (on board), USS Missouri, USS Bowfin submarine, and Pearl Harbor Aviation museum, as well as various places in and around Honolulu. Tour lasts all day but sounded pretty good to us. Thanks for your advice!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1