Masking on Alaskan cruises

cruiser02

Now on Eurodam Aug 13 for seven day.  We did PCR test before boarding.  Harry my companion has covid.   Yesterday I tested him twice since could not believe my eyes. Ship swabbed him in room and he tested PCR positive.  We were diligent wearing masks during taxi, airport , hotel and ship.  Masks are  highly recommended but not required on ship.  Fortunately(?)  Harry has Alzheimer’s and since ship moved us from one no heat Neptune to another that had heat we are allowed to stay isolated in our Neptune cabin.   Best place to be isolated.

They will disembark us last.   Oh yes because feeling worse the soon to be 98 year old is now taking Paxlovid which cost $750.  Well you cant take “it” with you.  Recommend bringing about eight free covid tests with you.  We have one test left.  I brought four.

Peter

Edited by SFO PETER
  • Like 1

We, too, are on this Eurodam cruise right now.  Hope Harry recovers soon.  Yes, I agree, no one wearing masks except us, and we're within our 90-day recovery from having gotten it the very end of May on a Celebrity cruise on the Equinox.  No one wearing masks on that ship either. 

I can hardly wait for even less testing, vax requirements on ships--ha ha ha ha.  People don't care about others, just themselves, saying oh, I had it and it wasn't bad.  Never mind you're giving it to everyone else in the process on a cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

Thanks Harry is feeling better.   We started in a Neptune suite with have it all.   Dont normally do suites or Have it all.    We are five star non drinkers but our credits expire Dec 2022.so here we are.

Happy to hear your friend is on the mend! We are in a Vista Suite sailing on the 29th of December for the same reason -- those pesky Pandemic FCCs! The Mariner points from B2B in the same suite will push us over the 4* level as another advantage for us.

If you had to be quarantined, nice for it to be in the roomy Neptune!

Edited by crystalspin

Was on Niuew Amsterdam 7/31 - 8/7 and almost everyone onboard was wearing masks … except for the gentleman in the sundry store with the mask under his chin, drink in hand, buying NyQyuil and cough drops. Wish I was kidding, but true story.  Fewer masks on the land portion after the cruise, and as the week wore on, there were even less.  None of the tour operators, shop keepers or restaurant workers wore them.