Voyager Club 5% + 5% discount difficulty

danigirl01

I’m just wondering if anyone ever had a problem with getting his or her Voyager Discount applied to his or her reservation when booking with an agent? If so, how hard was it for you to get it? What did you do to have it applied? 

Just quick run down of my problem…I originally booked 5 of us in the 2 bedroom suite, but later decided to upgrade to the Yacht Club and get a deluxe cabin and an interior cabin. Of course, I went online prior to calling and saw the prices for the reservations with and without my discount. The agents keep telling me that they have my benefits on there, yet the price is the total without the discount. I am currently waiting for someone to email me back. I didn’t think that it would be this hard. 

Are you sailing in less than 6months?

To get the 5+5 you have to book at least 6 months before. When it comes to discounts making a change after booking requires the discount to be reapplied and the timeframe changes.

Edited by Tierun
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Tierun said:

Are you sailing in less than 6months?

To get the 5+5 you have to book at least 6 months before. When it comes to discounts making a change after booking requires the discount to be reapplied and the timeframe changes.

My cruise isn’t until December 2023. So, I booked far in advance. Granted it shows for the passenger type voyager exclusives, but the discount was not applied. It is about $600 difference between the two prices. So, yes I want my discount 😊 I wonder how many times they have gotten away with not giving people their discount. And I’m still waiting on response from them. 

Edited by danigirl01

For the CAB-Cabin Fares line on your confirmation, is the dollar amount an even dollar amount or is it something and whatever cents? (You don't have to give specific dollar amounts)

Recently, I had to call to get the 5%+5% added but it only took 5 minutes to get done and I had a new confirmation email. I also see VOYAGERS EXCLUSIVES for Pax Type but it doesn't show the percentages like it usually does. By calling, I ended up saving over $800 after the discount was added and the taxes and fees were lowered.

I book directly but I can't tell if you are dealing with a travel agent or with MSC reps.

22 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For the CAB-Cabin Fares line on your confirmation, is the dollar amount an even dollar amount or is it something and whatever cents? (You don't have to give specific dollar amounts)

Recently, I had to call to get the 5%+5% added but it only took 5 minutes to get done and I had a new confirmation email. I also see VOYAGERS EXCLUSIVES for Pax Type but it doesn't show the percentages like it usually does. By calling, I ended up saving over $800 after the discount was added and the taxes and fees were lowered.

I book directly but I can't tell if you are dealing with a travel agent or with MSC reps.

Originally, I had booked online. When I decided to upgrade, I had to call in and speak to a MSC agent so they could modify my current reservation. The cabin fare is an even dollar amount, but it is not the correct amount. I sent them screenshots showing the 2 different prices. So, hopefully, they will give me the discount on my discount on my cabin and my military discount on the other cabin like I asked for. When the rep emailed back the first time, she didn’t address anything or applied any discounts. 

45 minutes ago, danigirl01 said:

When the rep emailed back the first time, she didn’t address anything or applied any discounts. 

You're doing everything right especially knowing the correct numbers. I was pleasantly surprised when I called because the taxes/port fees dropped about $28pp x 4 so the final amount was lower than my calculation. I usually ask the rep to give me the amount before they send the email. Sometimes, the rep doesn't ask if I want the confirmation but I get a new one sent for every phone call. 

Just make sure that nothing other than the discount changes. Don't let them change your stateroom, your reservation number, your gender, ...(it's MSC).

• Like 2