Where did they disappear to?

Waverunner1

Anybody know what happened with the 14 day Caribbean cruises out of Boston? Did one in Oct/Nov 2018 and Oct/Nov 2019 and they seemed full? I know Covid probably wiped them out for 2020 and 2021 but nothing this year or on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Waverunner1 said:

Anybody know what happened with the 14 day Caribbean cruises out of Boston? Did one in Oct/Nov 2018 and Oct/Nov 2019 and they seemed full? I know Covid probably wiped them out for 2020 and 2021 but nothing this year or on the horizon.

I don't have an actual answer to your question but noticed the same thing with 14 day Winter cruises out of NYC. They had always been very popular pre-covid...but very few if any now. My guess is the same as yours...these types of cruises being gone is a direct result of covid and the overall havoc with getting cruising started again fully. Sailing with full ships with full crews is still an issue.

I've noticed the same thing and it's a good guess it's a change due to what NCL has gone thru due to Covid scheduling. 

I've been searching for future cruises that are over 7 days from US ports.  There are less of them then there used to be.  We have a 9 day from New Orleans this year but can't find one next year.  It seems like all of the longer cruises out of Miami are now just on the older ships.   We have a 12 day on Joy out of Miami in April, but can't something similar on the large ship the following year.

From where we live, we have a several hour flight to any US port.  Would much rather take a 9 day or longer cruise but we do prefer the newer ships.  (Not to say we haven't loved the Dawn, but not for longer than 7 days.)

9 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

From where we live, we have a several hour flight to any US port.  Would much rather take a 9 day or longer cruise but we do prefer the newer ships.  (Not to say we haven't loved the Dawn, but not for longer than 7 days.)

B2B?

58 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

9,12,14 days or whatever you you'll get a greater variety of ports/islands to visit in the Caribbean. B2B you just repeat the previous weeks itinerary. Boring!! Unless that's what you like to do , of course.

Yes, don't want B2B.  Love the 11 or 12 days that go to the ABC islands.

1 hour ago, poohbare19 said:

There are 21 cruises 9-14 days from December 1, 2022  to March 30, 2023 leaving Florida, New York , New Orleans and Puerto Rico

Thank you, if you were posting this for me.  I already have a 9 day in Dec 22, and a 12 day in April 23.  I'm looking for cruises in mid 2023 through 2024.  (On the Away or AwayPlus class)

5 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

9,12,14 days or whatever you you'll get a greater variety of ports/islands to visit in the Caribbean. B2B you just repeat the previous weeks itinerary. Boring!! Unless that's what you like to do , of course.

Maybe it's semantics, but not all B2B strategies are the same ship/itinerary.  Some folks will book a second cruise that sails from the same port a day or two later on a different ship/itinerary.😎

40 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks!   This is on my 'watch' list😊

We would prefer not to sail from New York logistically, but this looks like it's a great cruise.  From New York ending in Miami makes it a bit easier for us as we like to stay in SouthBeach after.  It just might be number one on my 'what should I book next' list. 

Edited by Sand and Seas

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

Thanks!   This is on my 'watch' list😊

We would prefer not to sail from New York logistically, but this looks like it's a great cruise.  From New York ending in Miami makes it a bit easier for us as we like to stay in SouthBeach after.  It just might be number one on my 'what should I book next' list. 

Yep.  I had it booked for a while, but have since replaced it with another Caribbean cruise in Fall 2023 on the Pearl.  It's an eleven day, but still includes the ABC islands plus a stop at GSC (which the Joy repositioning cruise does not include).

• Like 2