Labour day what to do

pxy cda

We are arriving st 330 pm on Sunday full day on labour day and leaving day 3 at 1230.  

Not sure what we have time for on Sunday.  May just see if a txi wants to do a quick 3hour tour with quick stops at the drawbridge lighthouse and horseshoe for pics.   How long would those take round trip?   Open for suggestions as it's an awkward time to arrive

Bigger issue is the Monday.  We had planned to ferry to st George in the am then travel by ferry to Hamilton for some shopping/exploring. But not sure what will be open?  Does anyone know what's open on the Monday and if it would be worth the trip?  If not should I look into pompano for a day pass?

Day three we will wander the dockyards. 

22 minutes ago, pxy cda said:

We are arriving st 330 pm on Sunday full day on labour day and leaving day 3 at 1230.  

Not sure what we have time for on Sunday.  May just see if a txi wants to do a quick 3hour tour with quick stops at the drawbridge lighthouse and horseshoe for pics.   How long would those take round trip?   Open for suggestions as it's an awkward time to arrive

Bigger issue is the Monday.  We had planned to ferry to st George in the am then travel by ferry to Hamilton for some shopping/exploring. But not sure what will be open?  Does anyone know what's open on the Monday and if it would be worth the trip?  If not should I look into pompano for a day pass?

Day three we will wander the dockyards. 

Unfortunately I'm going to be giving you a lot of bad news.

I suspect that by the time you disembark the ship on Sunday afternoon on a major holiday weekend it will be difficult to find a taxi tour driver. Just going to the drawbridge, lighthouse and Horseshoe Bay for some pictures wouldn't be enough to fill the tour time as they are not all that far from each other and from Dockyard, but if a driver is available you could ask what he/she might suggest in addition.

Unfortunately the public ferry to St. George is not operating at this time as they are modifying the St. George ferry dock. In any event few if any stores in either St. George or Hamilton will be open on Labour Day, so it would not have been a very productive plan for the day regardless.

I'd consider going to Horseshoe Bay by either taxi or mini bus that day, but expect large crowds due to the major public holiday. You can also check to see if the day pass is available.

Not bad news. We will be in Bermuda after all! Your feedback is very helpful.

You have confirmed it likely isn't worth going to Hamilton or St George on Monday. 

Maybe we will just relax at port on day one if we can't find a taxi. 

I will check on the possibility of the day pass.  We may do that instead if space is available. Or we can always relax on the empty ship😊   we like quiet tucked away places away from the maddening crowds so horseshoe is likely a no go this trip

Edited by pxy cda

On 8/21/2022 at 1:36 PM, njhorseman said:

In any event few if any stores in either St. George or Hamilton will be open on Labour Day, so it would not have been a very productive plan for the day regardless.

Thanks for sharing the information about some stores being closed for Labor Day.  I didn't even think about that.  Our ship will arrive at 3:00 pm on Labor Day and our full day will be Tuesday with a half day on Wednesday.  We've never been to Bermuda before and are excited to visit.