Thermal suite pass

tlove17

2 hours ago, tlove17 said:

How much is Thermal suite spa pass on the Spirit please? Can you just buy a day pass or have to pay for the whole cruise?TIA. 

It is based on the length and location of your cruise.

On your NCL.COM account, look under Explore & Plan and then under the Spa & Thermal Suite. 

Day passes are sold at the discretion of the Spa. Pre-pandemic, if a day pass was sold, it was available on slow port days (never sea days). Pre-pandemic, day passes were not available on many cruises where the full-cruise passes were fully subscribed. Post-restart, when loads were low, more day passes were available. That being said, capacities have been climbing back up near full capacity lately. 

I'll be on the spirit on Jan 15.   When I log into my account the link for the thermal spa says come back on Sept. 17th to book.  (That is the final payment date)  It appears we'll be able to pre purchase a week pass but I don't know the price.

Edited by davencl

I know you probably want to budget, but it seems that there is no set daily charge for the spa, like there is for the drink package/dining/etc. 

If you want to be sure to have access to the thermal suite, book a spa room or purchase the thermal suite (using @BirdTravels directions). If you want to change and it and book a day pass, just wait. 

For me, it is totally worth it! I love going between the pool, loungers, and the various rooms. It's just so nice to relax and chill. 

In April, we were on a more than full-occupancy sailing, and people were allowed to purchase day passes for the thermal suite, but they stopped advertising this on day two or three. Back in April, for one week, we paid $199/person (thought it was over $200, but just looked up the receipt). I remember seeing the price was somewhere between $60-$80 for a day pass. For our September cruise, the price is $319 for a nine day cruise. 

Have fun on your cruise!

• Like 1

We just finished a back-to-back on the Star, for a total of 20 days. We loved our thermal spa pass. I paid $135 for each cruise for the pass. I heard the spa tell a lady a day pass was $70.We used the spa almost everyday, however we cruised Greenland and Iceland so the colder weather made the spa even nicer. One nice thing about the spa are the 2 "quiet lounges" where you can read (or sleep) and enjoy the beautiful aft view on the Star.

• Like 1

On my 2018 cruise the thermal spa was $150 for the week. We ended up bidding on and winning spa balcony cabins so the pass was included for us but a few others in our party who did not have spa cabins purchased them. We all used them every day and thought they were worth every cent. And we did have someone with us who wanted a day pass but it was so crowded they told her they could not accommodate her.

9 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I know you probably want to budget, but it seems that there is no set daily charge for the spa, like there is for the drink package/dining/etc. 

No there isn't. In April, we were booked on the Escape and the 7-day Thermal Suite pass was $199. Our Escape cruise was cancelled due to the accident in the DR, and we were rebooked on the Encore sailing the exact same itinerary one day later. The 7-day Thermal Suite on the Encore was $326. I argued with the spa personnel that the Thermal Suite on the Escape (for $127 less) was bigger, nicer with 180 degree forward views than the small, crappy Encore Thermal Suite squished at the back of the ship. They gave me the 10% discount.  

I have never booked a spa pass but am looking to do so for our Alaska cruise next summer.  We will be on the Jewel and there is very little information on the spa.  Have any of you used the Jewel Spa?  Do you recommend a pass?

13 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

I have never booked a spa pass but am looking to do so for our Alaska cruise next summer.  We will be on the Jewel and there is very little information on the spa.  Have any of you used the Jewel Spa?  Do you recommend a pass?

Yes!  Worth. Every. Penny.

18 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No there isn't. In April, we were booked on the Escape and the 7-day Thermal Suite pass was $199. Our Escape cruise was cancelled due to the accident in the DR, and we were rebooked on the Encore sailing the exact same itinerary one day later. The 7-day Thermal Suite on the Encore was $326. I argued with the spa personnel that the Thermal Suite on the Escape (for $127 less) was bigger, nicer with 180 degree forward views than the small, crappy Encore Thermal Suite squished at the back of the ship. They gave me the 10% discount.  

$326? for 1 person for 7 days? WOW-we are booked next Feb on the Encore and was looking forward to getting a suite pass, but that's a lot more than we were expecting. I thought I was over estimating at $250!