Platinum status discount on Medallion Net, is it possible to purchase onboard at discount rate? on

swdke

Have platinum status and currently there are issues with the Medallion App not offering the 1/2 price discount for Platinum members.  If this doesn't get resolved, can Medallion Net be purchased onboard at the Platinum discount rate?

36 minutes ago, swdke said:

Have platinum status and currently there are issues with the Medallion App not offering the 1/2 price discount for Platinum members.  If this doesn't get resolved, can Medallion Net be purchased onboard at the Platinum discount rate?

That used to work and may still, however it's likely safer to pay full price and apply for refund on board.

There were some who posted that the refund automagically appeared on their folio and others who stated that they had to go to guest svcs. So, who knows?

33 minutes ago, swdke said:

There are many discussions on threads in the forum.  You may want to read them.

There has been an error/bug by the IT team, as it was showing the 50% discount for months now. They did something and it deleted discount  bookings on the APP and it still shows okay on the cruise personalizer in the website.

Those like you that haven’t purchased yet, I would call into PCL or your TA/CVP if you have one and tell them you want to purchase the discounted MedallionNet.

This is because of an IT error.  Since about February it has worked. Prior to that you pay full and it will give you 50% discount in OBC.  That’s what they will tell you to do.

HOWEVER, for the last few months they have said you MUST prepurchase or pay the higher rate of $15 a day instead of $10 a day.  So we do not know

if they are honoring the lower price and the discount.

So, I would definitely call.  Let us know what they say.

I explained this fully, because the is one of many threads about the MedallionNet and others may have not read them.

7 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That used to work and may still, however it's likely safer to pay full price and apply for refund on board.

There were some who posted that the refund automagically appeared on their folio and others who stated that they had to go to guest svcs. So, who knows?

I disagree. I would definitely call TA/CVP or PCL and get the discounted rate pre-cruise. They may not fix this for a long time, if it isn’t made a priority.

I have not read any feedback yet about the OBC being shown on their folio since this happened, about 2 weeks ago.

Plus, are all the ships implementing this? Have not gotten any return calls or emails from PCL yet. 

52 minutes ago, swdke said:

52 minutes ago, swdke said:

53 minutes ago, swdke said:

15 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Discount applies to both Elite and Platinum members.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

I disagree. I would definitely call TA/CVP or PCL and get the discounted rate pre-cruise. They may not fix this for a long time, if it isn’t made a priority.

I'm using a CVP for my cruise in November and he said his system wouldn't allow him to get the discount. This was ~ one month ago, before the current snafu.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I'm using a CVP for my cruise in November and he said his system wouldn't allow him to get the discount. This was ~ one month ago, before the current snafu.

Interesting. I know the customer service agents on the PCL phone line can, because they did it for me. Now, can all of them do it? IDK

My TA would have to call them to do it, so I just figured I should just call myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed askoceanmedallion@carnival.com to let them know about this ongoing issue.   They responded and thanked me for the information and said they are working to correct it.  No timeline provided but they said  “if you have any problems when placing your order please email us and inform us so we can investigate the issue specific to your account.”

So, if you are having issues purchasing the WiFi at the discounted price in the app you may want to email them. 

• 5 weeks later...

I was able to buy the single device plan pre-cruise with the platinum discount for $5 a day.  I am now seeing an offer to upgrade to a 4 device plan for another $5 per day.  Last year we were able to do that on the ship and use OBC.  Has anyone been able to do it recently?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, donswife said:

I was able to buy the single device plan pre-cruise with the platinum discount for $5 a day.  I am now seeing an offer to upgrade to a 4 device plan for another $5 per day.  Last year we were able to do that on the ship and use OBC.  Has anyone been able to do it recently?

Thank you.

Last year, we were able to buy the MedallionNet OB the first day with our discount, because they did Not have it programmed in the App yet.  It was full price and get your 50% discount back in OBC or buy once OB with the discount.

Then a few months ago, same thing only

because AGAIN they made an update to the App and it wiped out the discount again.  But, now it’s fixed.  So, IDK if they would offer it OB.  

You might check on a roll call or live with the ship you’ll be on and have them ask?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, donswife said:

Thank you.

On the Discovery Princess In June I was able to upgrade to the 4 device plan for $5 per day once onboard.  It went against my OBC.  The app gave me the option the first time I logged in after joining the ship’s Wi-Fi.

• Thanks 1