Soda

kweentwo

55 minutes ago, redroses said:

1. can you bring soda in a roller bag as a carry on or do you check in the soda?

2. 12 pack per person just on embark or every time you go back to the ship?  

1. According to the website: carry-on only. Besides, if you put it in your suitcase, it could be roughly handled and get all fizzy.

2. You could bring more on at each port, it you want to go shopping in every port.

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

1. According to the website: carry-on only. Besides, if you put it in your suitcase, it could be roughly handled and get all fizzy.

2. You could bring more on at each port, it you want to go shopping in every port.

From the Princess Cruises Passage Contract at  https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons (no bottles) may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. 

2 hours ago, redroses said:

1. can you bring soda in a roller bag as a carry on or do you check in the soda?

2. 12 pack per person just on embark or every time you go back to the ship?  

On our last Princess cruise 3 years ago I attached a luggage tag to my 12 pack and it was delivered to my room with the rest of the luggage. I did strengthen the cardboard carton with packing tape to make it harder to accidentally tear open.

Apparently the rules have changed since then.

Edited by PTMary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

No more fizzy then them being handled by truck to the store where they were purchased and move to the aisle and placed on the shelves. After a few hours cooling in the fridge they will no longer be fizzy. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, redroses said:

Were they carried on or checked in?  thanks.

We carried the bottles with us & it went through security without a word being said. (Fort Lauderdale)

I also left the ship during a B2B cruise & returned with 1 suitcase carrying only the six bottles so it can't be said that they couldn't see them.

Princess might not have approved but security didn't care less.

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We carried the bottles with us & it went through security without a word being said. (Fort Lauderdale)

I also left the ship during a B2B cruise & returned with 1 suitcase carrying only the six bottles so it can't be said that they couldn't see them.

Princess might not have approved but security didn't care less.

Thanks for the info.

When we drive to port we use a duffle that fits (4)  12 packs of soda. We check it at the port with no problems except for  the occasional opened can due to rough handling at the luggage drop off area

In past cruises we bring sodas and bottled waters along with all the rest of the coats and carry on junk (we are a family of 5, so 3 kids that sometimes need stuffed or whatever else), we bring it all in a collapsible wagon.  Easiest way to make sure nothing gets left behind while juggling everyone and the wagon folds flat and fits under a bed.  When going for a beach day near the ship we have the wagon to carry our towels, sand toys, sunscreen and all the rest!