Comparing an Oasis class ship to ???

jrljel

Hi!  I am doing a presentation to Kiwanis on Wednesday and am trying to think of what I can compare the size of an Oasis class ship to that they can understand.  First thought was the mall, but I'm not even sure the length is the same.  Looked for the info online, but can't find the length and width of the mall.  Any other thoughts?  It's really hard to explain if you've never seen it, lol!  Thanks in advance.

It really is hard to make a comparison, but try comparing it to a familiar landmark: 

Oasis of the Seas is 360 metres long, stern to bow. If you took the Chrysler Building in New York City and tipped it on its side, it would only be 319 metres long.

There are other buildings which your group might better recognize, but the Chrysler Building is pretty well-known.

• Like 1

Not sure how accurately to scale, but most people who've seen the movie Titanic can get an idea of its size. - Also another fun fact - Columbus' Santa Maria (est 41-62 feet long) can fit on an Oasis class theater's main stage.

image.thumb.png.00528a189165807be4b0e3c48bef842c.png

• Like 4

I like to compare Oasis class to a hotel.  How many rooms does, for example - Ritz-Carlton NYC compared to the Harmony.  Also, how many meals are prepared each day compared to a Buffet in Los Vegas.  So many things to compare to..

• Like 1

I was putting together some options for a group cruise with some fun facts on the different ships.  For Oasis I found that she is about the length of 3.3 football fields, as wide as 4.1 tractor trailers and the same height as a 16 story building.  Don't know if that helps with a visual. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Thank you everyone!  Yes, I used some of these facts in my presentation but I also found a photo of one of the Oasis sisters leaving I think Lauderdale where you can easily see the size of it in comparison to a normal palm tree and it is just spectacular!  That helped the most.  Thanks again all!!

• Like 1