Neptune upgrade!

threebluestars

I typically book with a PCC or directly on HALs site, but have never received an email upgrade offer, so I call ship inventory a couple weeks out to check if any are available.  Usually that is too early and have to keep checking as it gets closer, but have done it this way multiple times.

Edited by mrspeck

On 8/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, threebluestars said:

Just got invited for a upgrade and decided to go for a Neptune Suite. I'm a casual cruiser, never done anything more than a verandah, so this will be crazy. But my mom didn't get to celebrate her 70th last year so this will be fun!

Since I've never been in a Neptune, what can I expect, besides a nice, huge balcony? Any tips or tricks? Will our boarding time change?

Good for you...   Have fun!!!

22 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

If you booked directly with HAL (general reservations or with a HAL Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC)) you will start receiving email paid upgrade offers about two weeks from sailing.  Mine normally come about a week before but the last one came 12 days out.

If you booked through a non-HAL travel agent then the offer goes to them.  In my experience, they never forward them on.  As well, if the offers are funneled through your TA, there will be a lag time which is detrimental to the process since you need to call right away or they’ll be gone.

Bolding is mine.  that’s not my experience with my TA.  She knows what upsells I want and always calls when they come through.

I think it’s more true of the Big Box stores - they just want to book cruises.

13 hours ago, oakridger said:

I book through a TA and if she didn't let me know about an upgrade offer ASAP, I would get another TA!!

Fortunately, mine knows what I may or may not be interested in as far as upgrades, but she still has let me know when one comes in even though I had told her I didn't want to upgrade.  Who knows, I may change my decision on a whim at the last minute, so I appreciate the heads up anyway!

~Nancy

Ditto!

• Like 3