Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

Say what? Seriously? If there was even a hint of some shenanigans concerning my belongings or food, that would become a major problem very quickly. 

Perhaps I misunderstand your point(s). Is this your dry humor that I'm missing?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, love2crews. said:

How do you PM here?  

I have a couple questions about the RS and I'd like to pick your brain!

You can’t PM on here, it’s disabled. 

Feel free to ask your questions here and someone will respond. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 1

Guest 4-2-N-8
4 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Say what? Seriously? If there was even a hint of some shenanigans concerning my belongings or food, that would become a major problem very quickly. 

Perhaps I misunderstand your point(s). Is this your dry humor that I'm missing?  

We're on the same side here. I merely am offering another angle.

Not intending to offend anyone. Just pointing out a consideration that I take into account.

As I said, much peace to all.

1 hour ago, Relaxinginthesun said:

Have sailed in RS several times and Star Class on RCCL and have never been denied date and time of a dinner request including changes made the same day. Only exception was Chefs Table on RCCL. But they only do that a couple of times each cruise. Also, the Shore Concierge will contact you directly 7-10 days before the cruise and you can make reservations through them. Also they will take your preferences for the mini-bar, bar set up, pillow preferences, etc.   

FYI. You will love Eden.  You will also really enjoy the RS. The bathroom is  amazing. DW and I  recently sailed on Apex. PM me is you would like some actual pics of the RS or have any question. 

RS on Apex...Does the master bath have a door that closes off to the bedroom?  I know there is one that closes off to the living area.  I've tried to look at a few videos on Youtube, but can't really tell.

9 minutes ago, love2crews. said:

RS on Apex...Does the master bath have a door that closes off to the bedroom?  I know there is one that closes off to the living area.  I've tried to look at a few videos on Youtube, but can't really tell.

You can close off the bedroom and bathroom from the main room. However I don’t believe there was a door between the bedroom and bathroom. However, if privacy is your concern the commode is in a separate water closet.  The water closet is to the left of the tub between the tub and the closet.  

6D2AEBDF-95D3-4AC3-8350-016E1B9E3C23.jpeg

B73887B6-E64A-4C8F-8814-37236986C2DD.jpeg

Edited by Relaxinginthesun
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Did it matter what class ship ?  We will find out next week on the Beyond. From a cursory look there are many more RS cabins, 43 compared to other Celebrity ships which might influence the VIP dining experience.

I only see 6 RS on Deck 12 on Beyond.  How did you arrive at 43?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Relaxinginthesun said:

You can close off the bedroom and bathroom from the main room. However I don’t believe there was a door between the bedroom and bathroom. However, if privacy is your concern the commode is in a separate water closet.  The water closet is to the left of the tub between the tub and the closet.  

6D2AEBDF-95D3-4AC3-8350-016E1B9E3C23.jpeg

B73887B6-E64A-4C8F-8814-37236986C2DD.jpeg

Thank you! 

That's what I thought, but was hoping it wasn't the case.

Seems odd to me if someone is sleeping in the bedroom and someone else is in the bathroom with the lights on.  Oh well.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. 🙂

Just now, love2crews. said:

Thank you! 

That's what I thought, but was hoping it wasn't the case.

Seems odd to me if someone is sleeping in the bedroom and someone else is in the bathroom with the lights on.  Oh well.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. 🙂

You can dim the lights throughout the cabin at night. Also there is a night light effect under the floating counter was was dim enough to not shine light into the bedroom, but more than ample to find your way in the dark. 😃

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

We're on the same side here. I merely am offering another angle.

Not intending to offend anyone. Just pointing out a consideration that I take into account.

As I said, much peace to all.

Oh, I'm not offended. But I only take that angle (consideration) into account if I'm in a cheap dinner and sending my food back because I didn't think it was prepared properly...lol.  😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Perhaps it is a misprint? 

IMG_2367.jpeg

Looks like a misprint.  Not sure where you got this, but if you pull up the deck plan for Beyond, on the forward end of deck 12, there are 2 Iconic suites, 2 PS, 6 RS, and 5 CS.  No other decks show RS.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Relaxinginthesun said:

You can dim the lights throughout the cabin at night. Also there is a night light effect under the floating counter was was dim enough to not shine light into the bedroom, but more than ample to find your way in the dark. 😃

Good to know!  My stateroom tour videos didn't mention the bathroom lights, lol.

• Thanks 1

We are reading conflicting reports. We prefer the menus in the main dining rooms better than the Luminae. So we have contacted our shore side concierge to book us into the Cosmopolitan for all dinners. 7 days of 'classic' salmon or chicken in Luminae and their dessert menu is lacking. Enjoy the chocolate cake, apple pie and/or cheese cake every evening on the Cosmo menu. Read that Luminae will not provide MDR menus ?? as a suite benefit.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We are reading conflicting reports. We prefer the menus in the main dining rooms better than the Luminae. So we have contacted our shore side concierge to book us into the Cosmopolitan for all dinners. 7 days of 'classic' salmon or chicken in Luminae and their dessert menu is lacking. Enjoy the chocolate cake, apple pie and/or cheese cake every evening on the Cosmo menu. Read that Luminae will not provide MDR menus ?? as a suite benefit.

12 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Wow!  Luminae will not provide MDR menus??  Considering how overrated the Luminae menus have been pre & post covid (IMHO), , X not providing alternate menus would not likely make a lot of suite paz happy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Wow!  Luminae will not provide MDR menus??  Considering how overrated the Luminae menus have been pre & post covid (IMHO), , X not providing alternate menus would not likely make a lot of suite paz happy.

The MDR kitchen is a very long ways away from the Luminae kitchen on Edge Class ships.  I had no problem ordering off the MDR on an M class ship last week.  S class kitchens are closer as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

The MDR kitchen is a very long ways away from the Luminae kitchen on Edge Class ships.  I had no problem ordering off the MDR on an M class ship last week.  S class kitchens are closer as well.

3 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Thanks for the clarification!

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

Oh, I'm not offended. But I only take that angle (consideration) into account if I'm in a cheap dinner and sending my food back because I didn't think it was prepared properly...lol.  😂

More power to you.

I trust in the nature of behavior common to human DNA, which straddles all classes.

4 hours ago, prmssk said:

One better on S class - it’s the same galley! Hence the soups aren’t hot but very easy for them to get MDR items. 

11 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I believe that it is, though we've never asked. Can I assume that dry cleaning is available as well? I just don't want to chance too much to their "regular" laundry, at least knowing how it's turned out on some other ships: white socks come back grey, things shrink (wait, perhaps that was us swelling, lol...)

Tom

Dry cleaning, pressing, and laundry are included.  Regular laundered items come back pressed and neatly hung on a hanger - usually you find your butler has hung them in the closet for you while you were out. And your “smalls” left in a Celebrity pouch on your bed. You can state preference for water temp / drying. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, love2crews. said:

Agreed - similar to lessor hotel accommodations. I don't care for that type of "open" concept. When we remodeled our home I had to add doors going into the closet/bathroom area. 

Tom

11 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

However they do provide the MDR “everyday items” in Luminae.  This is the most disappointing aspect of our Apex cruise.

• Like 1