HAL Easy Air

MickeyP

Be very careful if you try and use Easy Air through the HAL web site. I entered dates that were before and after what I choose. I did not say I was flexible. The rates looked good, so I chose them and confirmed my plans. A few hours later,  I felt I was tricked and immediately tried for hours on hold. Finally, within 24 hours I canceled the flights and 5 weeks later my credit card still has a $3589.78 charge. Trying to explain to an "agent"  that was outsourced by HAL is rediculous. I emailed the accounting dept. and still waiting for a response. 

It seems you have misunderstood the term “flexible”.  That is unfortunate.  On the bright side, you may be covered under the 24 hour free cancellation window since you cancelled the flights within 24 hours.  I say “may” because I am not sure if Flight Ease (not Easy Air) falls within those rules.  You may want to look into disputing the charge with your credit card company if you cannot get this resolved through Flight Ease.  Good luck.

• Like 1

I would strongly recommend anyone using HAL FlightEase book only the Flexible fare.  First, it is almost always cheaper than the restricted fare.  Why that is, I have no idea, but it usually true.  More importantly, it gives you complete freedom to cancel or change your plans up until final payment.  You can lock in a flight now, and every few days/weeks recheck it to see if another better flight is available or the one you booked is cheaper.  You can then simply change to the new one.

In this case, the flexible fare does not mean the date is flexible.  It means you can change/cancel whenever you want.  It sounds like the OP was confused, which is a shame.

I booked flexible fare but cancelled it after a few days.Turned out booking direct was cheaper and worth it even if I had to pay up front. Somewhere in the paperwork on flexible air (unless I misunderstood) it said they could raise rates until final payment.A friend of mine also booked on HAL and read the same interpretation.

11 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Somewhere in the paperwork on flexible air (unless I misunderstood) it said they could raise rates until final payment.A friend of mine also booked on HAL and read the same interpretation.

That is true but I have been using Flight Ease for years and have never had that happen.  That is just my experience.  Flight ease is not always best for domestic flights but some of their international rates can’t be beat.  I have occasionally gotten very good rates domestically, it is always worth checking