Attestation & Steakhouse questions

TexasCruiser84

I am managing a group booking (4 rooms, 2 persons in each room) and have two questions.

1.  I see Heald confirmed that the wine promo is still a go on night 1.  If I make a steakhouse reservation for all 4 rooms and we're all seated together - do we receive 1 wine promo or 4 (i.e., 4 comped bottles of their house wine, or 50% off 4 bottles of wine)?

2. Two people in the group are not vaccinated, but the recent policy change permits them to sail later this year.  The new policy is not yet in effect, though.  If they fill out the vaccine attestation now to say they aren't vaccinated and do not have an exemption, is there any risk Carnival's system cancels their reservation?  Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, TexasCruiser84 said:

I am managing a group booking (4 rooms, 2 persons in each room) and have two questions.

1.  I see Heald confirmed that the wine promo is still a go on night 1.  If I make a steakhouse reservation for all 4 rooms and we're all seated together - do we receive 1 wine promo or 4 (i.e., 4 comped bottles of their house wine, or 50% off 4 bottles of wine)?

2. Two people in the group are not vaccinated, but the recent policy change permits them to sail later this year.  The new policy is not yet in effect, though.  If they fill out the vaccine attestation now to say they aren't vaccinated and do not have an exemption, is there any risk Carnival's system cancels their reservation?  Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks!

I understand it to be "per table" re free wine, so if your 8 people are seated at one table it would be one bottle.  I was told on Sunshine end of March that it was either get the free bottle or you could purchase bottles of wine at 50% off.  I chose to buy 2 bottles at 50% off.

I don't know about the attestation, sorry.

13 hours ago, Wennfred said:

Was onboard Spirit 2 weeks ago and was told they no longer offer the Bottle of wine on the first night, but who knows, it changes every day with everything else.

I thought John Heald said the rumors of this were untrue? Apparently not! What gives?

16 hours ago, Wennfred said:

Was onboard Spirit 2 weeks ago and was told they no longer offer the Bottle of wine on the first night, but who knows, it changes every day with everything else.

Think someone was fibbing to you, just received an email from Carnival in last couple days reminding us about that perk.

We ran into the same thing when we cruised in July, they  never once offered our free bottle of wine (we don't drink wine so didn't care) and overhead them telling another table they had only white.

My guess is supply chain issues specific to certain sailings.

• Like 1

That’s good to know, I do know is that both of my waiters were new on the day I went and they both were overwhelmed as it was just them 2 serving, having been to the Steakhouse on my last 6 or 7 Carnival cruises since September I knew something was wrong, they even told me that they no longer serve the mini slider which is also wrong. I didn’t want to make a big deal about it because I really don’t care but next time I will ask to speak with the head person there at the steakhouse so that I can report it here correctly. Remember that every ship does things differently and with new crew members most don’t get the right information.

Fred

• Like 1