Corkage Fee?

5 hours ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Is that snide or genuine?   

And I'm paying for four 'adults' and two rooms.   I'll be enjoying my wine but I don't think I'm taking advantage, particularly when the rule is to limit people more than they used to, and other lines do.  Rule being usually per adult.   Even then, my real advantage comes in when my husband doesn't drink wine.  He'll be buying beer.   I can totally see myself sharing the last of each bottle with whoever is nearby and seems nice and likes wine.  

100% genuine!  Both of us like wine with dinner so DW and I have both brought on 2 bottles a few times when travelling with the kids.  Then there was the infamous incident when I thought she forgot to pack her bottles in her carry on, so I stuffed a couple in there.  When in line to go through security, she complained about how heavy her pack was, Just as we were tossing our bags on the xray, we realized she had 4 bottles in there.  No one said a word to us and on we went with 6 bottles for a 7 day cruise.  We didn't go through them all, one came back with us.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Broons77 said:

100% genuine!  Both of us like wine with dinner so DW and I have both brought on 2 bottles a few times when travelling with the kids.  Then there was the infamous incident when I thought she forgot to pack her bottles in her carry on, so I stuffed a couple in there.  When in line to go through security, she complained about how heavy her pack was, Just as we were tossing our bags on the xray, we realized she had 4 bottles in there.  No one said a word to us and on we went with 6 bottles for a 7 day cruise.  We didn't go through them all, one came back with us.

Ah, 🙂   

Reminds me of when I brought a 6-pack of Park brau back from Germany as a surprise for my dad.  It wasn't one you could buy in America.   It wasn't even that good.  But Dad had fond memories of drinking it while stationed over there.  It was in my carry-on and Dad picked me up at the airport.  To keep the surprise I couldn't let dad take my carry-on and I had to pretend it wasn't heavy.    It was!  

• Haha 1

we carried a 'special' wine that is a turkey day tradition for us this past week on Odyssey. We were on the drink package as well. WED I mentioned to asstnt server I'd be bringing my own wine on THU and asked what corkage fee would be ..... "don't worry about it" and wine glasses were set for our group (7) .... I opened the bottles myself. No fee on my final bill.

it's pretty good this year . . . . I've picked up another case

image.png