Connection Time Madrid

mhb1757

We will arrive MAD from VGO on Iberia. Departing on AA for PHL. Is there a way to change terminals in Madrid without going back thru security?  It looks like we will have to take a bus and reclear security when I look at the map on line.  Any info appreciated. We have 2 hr 10 minutes connection time and that makes me a little nervous if we have to bus it to another terminal and get back thru security. 

I'm not sure where you are seeing the need to change terminals, but VGO-MAD and MAD-PHL should both be operated in/out of T4 at MAD. 2h10 should be plenty of time. I have never taken a flight from inside Spain connecting to a flight departing Schengen/Spain, but I don't even think you will need to go through security seeing as you will have already cleared security in Spain...though I admit I may be wrong. You will, however, need to clear Schengen immigration as Madrid is your point of exit from Schengen. This is usually quite quick. 

Edited by Zach1213

9 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

I tend to lump T4 and T4S together, since they are connected by a train with a 3 minute ride.  Unlike how T1/2/3 is a bus ride from the T4 complex.

I agree. It just seemed like a possible explanation for being told that there's a terminal change, like ITA (for example) says.