Has anyone actually had beer delivered by Wellwishers?

msolberg

I ordered a liter of rum last year and it was waiting for me when I arrived to our stateroom. A little pricey but, I didn't have to worry about it at all. I was so excited about our oceanview stateroom, that I didn't even notice the bottle sitting on the dressing area table/desk:eek: ! It was wrapped in celephane with a beautiful rose and card attached. We departed from Barcelona and I carried on my mixers. Our stateroom attendant brought us as much ice as we wanted. So, having a ice cold drink was not a problem. I will definately call them again if needed/wanted. Hope this helps, Andros/Tony;)

The ice machines are around and I have heard of passengers "helping" themselves, but we rely on the steward also.

It didn't occur to me to order some Gin and mixers from Wellwishers. We always order from the ship. I wonder if WW prices are better?

I am not sure I spoke with, but I told the lady that there are two threads about them on CC. She seemed thrilled! ;)

The ice machines are around and I have heard of passengers "helping" themselves, but we rely on the steward also.

It didn't occur to me to order some Gin and mixers from Wellwishers. We always order from the ship. I wonder if WW prices are better?

I am not sure I spoke with, but I told the lady that there are two threads about them on CC. She seemed thrilled! ;)

Remember that it is $7 per order not delivery:D

I called them today and asked about beer, they said yes and that Carnival does not have a problem with this. I will save about 36.00 per case. About 1.60 per beer.

this is worth it for us! We are going out of Miami. I think this would be easier than smuggling it on board. :rolleyes:

We ordered two cases of bud light - total cost was $124.00 - We are traveling with 6 of our good friends so hopefully the beer will last more than one day. :D

Will post upon return to let everyone know the outcome. :)

Diane

Monday morning I called WW and ordered a case of coors light and a couple bottles of liquor and said to *&^^ with it, its expensive. We leave Monday Mar. 13th so I will let you all know how it goes with WW upon my return.

The good news is you have up to a week before departure to order stuff. You may want to hold off since you have plenty of time before your cruise and see what type experiences others have with them. I know I used them so I can let you know how it went for me. I cruise Mar. 13th. There were other places cheaper but I felt more comfortable with WW. So we'll see how it goes for us next week.

Some deliveries in Texas. Check out the website.

Yes, beer is a special request.

The kids drink what we drink...Coors Light. BTW - The kids are 25 and 21 year old girls...both legal. We feel safer knowing where their drinks are coming from. They have been instructed not to buy or accept any drinks while on board unless they come from us. ;)

You know, you do bring up a good point! Anyone that has access to a credit card can order beer or wine. This could get out of hand if underage "kids" get wind. Hmmmmmm

To get beer delivered you have to call the 800 number? How far in advance should you do it?

THanks!

Yes to get anything not listed on their website you have to call, particularly for liquor or beer. And its that way for majority of bon voyage type places. The lady I spoke with who was super nice, told me to call at least a week before departure. I'm sure there are exceptions but to be safe try to order at least 7 days in advance.

I spoke to them and they do deliver to carnival. don't tell, don't ask policy. $55 domestic and $65 imported a case. It comes gift wrapped so noone really know what it is.. Sounds like you can get imported for 2.70 a beer. It like a bogo if you were going to pay ship price. Full refund if it does not get delivered.

Here is a copy of the e-mails I received from Wellwishers:

You are very welcome. If you do not know your cabin number, we will deliver via the reservation number. We take the items to the actual ship and we then pay the ship personnel to sign a delivery confirmation and to take it to the cabin of the guest.Please let me know if I can assist you any further.

Have a wonderful day!

Mandie

Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 10:50 AM

To: mandie@wellwishers.com

Subject: RE: Prices

Very good….thank you…I will probably make a decision closer to our sail date of 5/21/06. How exactly does this get delivered to the correct cabin? If someone has booked a “guaranteed” cabin, sometimes the cabin is not assigned until check-in…just curious…

Thanks again!

Michelle

Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:15 AM

Michelle,

The prices quoted by Stephanie in the previous email are as follows:

1 case of domestic beer - $55.00 plus delivery

1 case of imported beer - $60 and above plus delivery

You can specify a brand. A case to us is two twelve packs. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Have a wonderful day!!

Mandie

Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 10:06 AM

To: mandie@wellwishers.com

Hi Stephanie,

Is that a case of 12 or 24? Would that be any brand we specify?

Thank you!!

Michelle

Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 7:07 AM

Michelle:

Thanks for your email. We can deliver beer to all cruise lines except Princess Cruises. The cost is about $55 - $65/case, plus $5.00 delivery, no tax.

We look forward to serving you!

Stephanie Clark

Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 4:55 PM

To: orders@wellwishers.com

Subject: Prices

Hello,

I found your site through cruisecritic.com and was wondering if you are able to deliver beer to a cruise ship. We are sailing out of Miami in May of ’06 as a surprise for my husband’s birthday. If so, can you tell me what kind and the cost?

I can understand the beer delivery, because who wants to try to put a case of beer in their luggage, but liquor? Is it really worth the outrageous premium you are paying not to have to put a bottle in a large ziploc with a couple towels around it in your luggage? Just think about how many of the fun-fruity-souveneir-glass drinks you could have for the difference in cost!

Oh well, to each their own, or however that saying goes. Have fun everyone! That's what is important.

I can understand the beer delivery, because who wants to try to put a case of beer in their luggage, but liquor? Is it really worth the outrageous premium you are paying not to have to put a bottle in a large ziploc with a couple towels around it in your luggage? Just think about how many of the fun-fruity-souveneir-glass drinks you could have for the difference in cost!

Oh well, to each their own, or however that saying goes. Have fun everyone! That's what is important.

I agree although I think for some folks spending top dollar on drinks is not an issue and some just by their nature adhere to all the rules. I plan on having a case of beer delivered to my cabin as well as wine in carry-ons and liquor in checked luggage.

Just back today at work from our cruise. Our case of beer and two bottles of liquor were in our room wrapped up all pretty and ready to be consumed. I will certainly use Well Wishers again and I highly recommend them. :D

Archived