Testing No Longer Required for Europe?

indybelle

I hadn't seen anyone mention this and the board is usually where I see these sorts of things first, so am wondering if I'm missing something in the new protocols.  It looks like vaccinated guests no longer have to provide a negative covid test to board in Europe (except for Greece)- this removes the 16+ day exception to the previous policy.  Am I missing something?

Updated August 23, 2022

Until further notice, these are the requirements for our cruise guests on Europe sailings.

Important Update: For European cruises* departing on or after September 6, 2022, guests will enjoy new simplified vaccine and testing protocols on most voyages. 

*New protocols do not apply to cruises embarking in Greece, trans-ocean, and designated remote voyages. 

For European cruises departing on September 6 or after:

• Pre-cruise testing is no longer required for vaccinated guests. Vaccinated guests must provide proof of vaccination status prior to embarkation. 
  • Unvaccinated guests are welcome and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or at-home self-test taken within three days of embarkation.

4 minutes ago, indybelle said:

I hadn't seen anyone mention this and the board is usually where I see these sorts of things first, so am wondering if I'm missing something in the new protocols.  It looks like vaccinated guests no longer have to provide a negative covid test to board in Europe (except for Greece)- this removes the 16+ day exception to the previous policy.  Am I missing something?

Updated August 23, 2022

Until further notice, these are the requirements for our cruise guests on Europe sailings.

Important Update: For European cruises* departing on or after September 6, 2022, guests will enjoy new simplified vaccine and testing protocols on most voyages. 

*New protocols do not apply to cruises embarking in Greece, trans-ocean, and designated remote voyages. 

For European cruises departing on September 6 or after:

• Pre-cruise testing is no longer required for vaccinated guests. Vaccinated guests must provide proof of vaccination status prior to embarkation. 
  • Unvaccinated guests are welcome and must provide results of a negative medically supervised or at-home self-test taken within three days of embarkation.

We will be on a transatlantic leaving Barcelona on Nov. 5.  According to this we still have to get the test before boarding since it's a trans-ocean cruise.  Bummer!

Helen

12 minutes ago, HELENPSL said:

We will be on a transatlantic leaving Barcelona on Nov. 5.  According to this we still have to get the test before boarding since it's a trans-ocean cruise.  Bummer!

Helen

We have a couple of months to go - who knows what the rules will be between now and then 😉 

• Like 1