Princess Premiere - Photo Package

ceilidh1

Hi!

I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone that has upgraded to the Premiere package. Most of the upgraded package has no value to me - everything I drink is covered by Plus, I only need one device wifi, and if we decide to do specialty dining it is only ever one night. However, I do love the idea of the photo package. Whenever the unlimited photo package was available, I always purchased it and got great use and amazing piuctures with it. This might make the upgrade worth it for me. However, I'm hoping to hear from those that have had it - were photographers available as much as pre-Covid, were there ample opportunities to get pictures, what quality were the digital prints, were they on a thumb drive or did you get them by some other means, do the pictures carry over to all in the room (so if 2 adults and 2 children, only adults upgrade but children get pictures taken..are these pictures included)? Would love some input from anyone that has done this!

Thanks!

I’ve not had the premier package but their were many nights opportunities to have your photo taken. Photographers at many stations & you need to order at least 5 photos you will get copies on a thumb drive. 

The photo nights are sometimes over done since they want to sell as many photo’s as necessary. 

Only one person needs the photo package so you can have whoever you want in the photo. Remember if it’s a large group you need to go to the photo station in the Atrium at the winding stairs. 

I just pay the $89 for the 5 photos & get them on the thumb drive. 

As a professional photographer before the photos are great. 

Tom😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’ve not had the premier package but their were many nights opportunities to have your photo taken. Photographers at many stations & you need to order at least 5 photos you will get copies on a thumb drive. 

The photo nights are sometimes over done since they want to sell as many photo’s as necessary. 

Only one person needs the photo package so you can have whoever you want in the photo. Remember if it’s a large group you need to go to the photo station in the Atrium at the winding stairs. 

I just pay the $89 for the 5 photos & get them on the thumb drive. 

As a professional photographer before the photos are great. 

Tom😀

Back in the pre-pandemic days, the photo package was limited to images that only had the passengers in the subscribed cabin.  i.e. if there was someone else in the photo that was not in your cabin, you had to pay $25 for each print.  I circumvented this charge by establishing a "shop-talk" relationship with the photography staff and presented the fanned out bar code from each image for them to scan, after having to pay for a couple of the images.  These images are only shot in low quality JPEG.
Also the "Platinum Studio" monochrome images are only shot in 20MP (medium) JPEG (Fine quality) however they are not provided to the customer in digital format, only as prints.

We did the Premier package on the Ruby.  Unlimited digital downloads and 3 physical prints.  Photo stations in several spots on the ship each evening.  Rare dining room , sail away, pier photos, which were all common before Covid.  We found the package to be valuable to us but not for every cruise.

• Thanks 1

So with the $89 photo package....do you get 5 physical prints and the rest on a thumb drive? On our last 2 cruises we paid $99 and went home with so many physical pictures plus all on a thumb drive. I'm happy if pictures are on a thumb drive but if we only get 5 total then I'll pass.

If anyone can clarify specifically what you get for $89 I'd so appreciate it. We sail in less than 2 weeks and I'd love to make a decision.

Thanks!

I’m interested to hear if they have the $99 package as it was an excellent value. 

I’m on a cruise in October & on the wed site it’s 5 photos for $89 or 10 photos for $169 plus the digital photos. Not sure if the price is any different once on board. 

Tom🤔

Edited by trbarton

54 minutes ago, Odonpeg said:

So with the $89 photo package....do you get 5 physical prints and the rest on a thumb drive? On our last 2 cruises we paid $99 and went home with so many physical pictures plus all on a thumb drive. I'm happy if pictures are on a thumb drive but if we only get 5 total then I'll pass.

If anyone can clarify specifically what you get for $89 I'd so appreciate it. We sail in less than 2 weeks and I'd love to make a decision.

Thanks!

Curious when were your last 2 cruises. I last cruised in February & the $99 package was not offered. 

Tom🤔

5 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I’m interested to hear if they have the $99 package as it was an excellent value. 

Tom🤔

That was the former unlimited package ($99 was the "sale" price - I believe the regular price was around $170). You got every picture printed AND on a thumb drive and you also got a few free photo frames, though I usually left those as they were too hard to pack/get home! Unfortunately, the all inclusive photo package was discontinued right before Covid, and now that it's an offering with Premiere, I can't see them bringing it back.

A big box TA used to have, as a benefit, a free photo package.  I don't think they do this anymore.

Photo Package (50 photos + USB digital files, per stateroom)

Inclusions are per stateroom, cannot be substituted, nontransferable, and no cash value. If unused, no reimbursement. Certain exclusions apply. Photos: Duplicate prints not included. 50 prints/stateroom; 6"x8" & 8"x10" only.