Starting Sept. 6, 2022 - Simplified Cruising

Roz

4 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

Thank you for the clarification of ArriveCan applications specific to cruises that START in Canada but disembark in the US, like the Canada/NE cruises. That was my understanding as well

Please check what I wrote above.  Canadians only need one ArriveCAN because they are already in Canada.  US and other countries citizens need two ArriveCAN submissions -  one submission for flying/driving/walking into Canada and one before boarding the ship in Canada. (Ship stops at Canadian ports before leaving country) Everyone still needs a covid test before boarding a cruise ship per Canada regulations.

Also see post #69 from @econprofessor where they needed two coming from the US.

If anyone thinks I have it wrong, please let me know why because I've gone over the regulations with a fine-tooth comb!!  

Edited to add- I see now what the difference is, The Canada NE cruises don't go to US then reenter Canada!  Alaska cruises do!  Is that it?  If so, Alaska cruises still need 2 submissions.  Gaakkkk!  My brain hurts!

Thanks,

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

On 9/3/2022 at 8:20 AM, Roz said:

I arrive in Vancouver on Oct. 1 and sail on Oct. 2.  Is the testing requirement a HAL rule or Canadian Gov't. rule?  Do I time the test based on arrival in Canada or ship embarkation?  Do I need test results to fill out the ArriveCAN application?

I believe it is a Canadian government rule.

We have booked on the Eurodam December 10-28 days from Ft. Lauderdale. Since it is 18 days I assumed at first we would have to arrange testing in the US (which I will figure out how to do closer to the date). But that particular cruise isn’t on the list. Is this because it returns to Ft. Lauderdale in the middle?

Of course, I will read up closer to the date too, but just trying to make sure I understand now. We will be Canadians coming to the US (hopefully) for the first time in a long time (yay).

3 hours ago, oakridger said:

Edited to add- I see now what the difference is, The Canada NE cruises don't go to US then reenter Canada!  Alaska cruises do!  Is that it?  If so, Alaska cruises still need 2 submissions.  Gaakkkk!  My brain hurts!

You have penetrated the fog and your edit is correct  😁.  The secret is to select the right 'drop down' on the Canada cruise ship site. Don't stress - it's confusing!  🍺🥌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1